Ice Cream Sandwich News from Verizon Wireless

JHOOPS2

Reaction score
Maybe I just transposed when I thought it was coming out for the Xoom then or something. In any case, I'm still miffed about the xoom not having it yet.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Key word is speculation hoops :) As another member already pointed out do NOT ever buy a handset based on when you think its OS will be updated. Despite what you read and from whom, you can never be sure the info is accurate ESPECIALLY when it comes to a device or devices being updated. You have about 3 or 4 more rumor dates to go through before an accurate one shows up :)

Every big update has a pattern it seems. 4-5 rumors/tips that never pan out, followed by an accurate one. Save yourself some aggravation and just plan on a summer release. Not an early or mid or late one neither lol. Sometime this summer :)

1 rumor down 3-4 to go

Sent from my DROID RAZR

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Maybe I just transposed when I thought it was coming out for the Xoom then or something. In any case, I'm still miffed about the xoom not having it yet.

And that's totally understandable. The Xoom was supposed to be Google's reference tablet, a Nexus device without the actual Nexus branding. It should have seen a prompt release shortly after the Galaxy Nexus dropped. Verizon is the reason for the hold up there, just like they've been the hold up for an update on the Galaxy Nexus. CDMA devices require proprietary files and programming, so there's no way for updates to be directly pushed by Google like they can on GSM devices that only require a SIM card in order to adjust the settings of the device to work with a given carrier. It makes things much more difficult, and understandably frustrating, to have those devices on Verizon (or Sprint for that matter).

Last edited:

tkileh

Reaction score
Your guys goal today was to have me wake up check tapatalk and be sad immediately wasn't it! Haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which do you think will be addressed first - Tapatalk making its software work well with ICS or Droidforum making its software work well with Tapatalk? Not trying to start a fight, but I really wish that 1) I could Like using Tapatalk and 2) when looking at a reply the quoted part of it would be graphically obvious (indented, colored - something) instead of having to try and sort through a post looking for the end of the "Quote" HTML markup.

Is not the forum software, vBulletin based. Tapatalk is a service that is compatible with certain forum software. Since DF is based on a compatible software it is up to the Tapatalk devs to work out the problems.

If you want to try out the Tapatalk 2 Beta head on over to their forum. Sign up and download the beta. Then you can test it and give feedback.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Andielyn

Reaction score
Key word is speculation hoops :) As another member already pointed out do NOT ever buy a handset based on when you think its OS will be updated. Despite what you read and from whom, you can never be sure the info is accurate ESPECIALLY when it comes to a device or devices being updated. You have about 3 or 4 more rumor dates to go through before an accurate one shows up :)

Every big update has a pattern it seems. 4-5 rumors/tips that never pan out, followed by an accurate one. Save yourself some aggravation and just plan on a summer release. Not an early or mid or late one neither lol. Sometime this summer :)

1 rumor down 3-4 to go

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I LOVE my Razr Maxx and and an ice cream sandwich sounds like the perfect treat during the dog days of summer. :) I can wait. If I wanted ICS I would've bought Nexus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SallyC

Reaction score
Is not the forum software, vBulletin based. Tapatalk is a service that is compatible with certain forum software. Since DF is based on a compatible software it is up to the Tapatalk devs to work out the problems.

If you want to try out the Tapatalk 2 Beta head on over to their forum. Sign up and download the beta. Then you can test it and give feedback.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I guess it's the vBSEO "Like" system that's not supported? Sorry, I thought it was something on your end. Good to know.

I did download the beta version....same issues. I'll drop them a message.

OP
naknak95

naknak95

Reaction score
I don't want to sound mean but did anyone read the link the OP posted? It is dated 03/06/2012... I think we all knew a month ago that ICS was being developed for the Razr/Maxx

I started the thread today. The source I got it from said it was updated as of yesterday but I cannot be sure.

JHOOPS2

Reaction score
I wonder if the Hulk had a Razr, would Hulk have smashed it yet? Just wondering.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So does anybody know anything about the soak that's going on??? I know all about the agreement, but usually there are people that receive the ota that aren't part of the moto group

sent from my MAXX.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez