Ice Cream Sandwich-like Features Already in Bionic; Full Port of ICS Coming to Bionic

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand, and thats fine. Its the title of the post, "Ice Cream Sandwich Features Already in Bionic", declaring it as fact that is frustrating. Theres so many rumors circling this community and its already hard to keep it straight without these kinds of things.
There are features of ICS that the Bionic already has. That is fact. I remember thinking to myself during the ICS event that when they got to those parts, we already had them on the Bionic. He wasn't saying the actual app or widget is on the Bionic from ICS, he is saying that we have that feature already on our Bionics.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand, and thats fine. Its the title of the post, "Ice Cream Sandwich Features Already in Bionic", declaring it as fact that is frustrating. Theres so many rumors circling this community and its already hard to keep it straight without these kinds of things.

Kind of like that facebook post from yesterday, person asking about the Nexus being on verizon, and it somehow meant that the phone was coming in November. Yes we all have heard the rumors about November, but its not confirmed, bottom line.
I understand the confusion with the title. Within the small space that we have available, it is sometimes a challenge to create an attention grabbing title that also includes all information. I slightly tweaked the title based upon your valid points. Thanks for your input!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
December 2011? ICS on the Bionic? HA! I'll almost go so far as to say the RAZR will get it first... But, we'll see.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Gotta use the power of positive thinking :) On top of that they said we will see 2 updates, first of which (Originally) was early Nov, than VZW told me late Oct. But no date on the 2nd one.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do think the Bionic will see it before the Razr, maybe I am crazy for thinking this but I think Moto will do that to honor the fact the Bionic was released first.

kongo

Reaction score
Did no one else notice that the guy told the Motorola rep that he thinks the Bionic is a better phone than the Nexus? Hahahaha...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Did no one else notice that the guy told the Motorola rep that he thinks the Bionic is a better phone than the Nexus? Hahahaha...

Have you used the nexus? I'm not in any way saying it will be inferior or superior. Just as he doesn't know. None of us knows. With the Bionic updates around the corner, I bet the Bionic gives the nexus a good run for its money. Remember this post in a month or two ....

kongo

Reaction score
Have you used the nexus? I'm not in any way saying it will be inferior or superior. Just as he doesn't know. None of us knows. With the Bionic updates around the corner, I bet the Bionic gives the nexus a good run for its money. Remember this post in a month or two ....

Umm... the specs alone make the Bionic an inferior phone. 720p screen, faster and higher quality internals, NFC, built for ICS. Yes, the specs don't mean that it'll all come together at the end, but I think the hands-on videos, the demonstrations, and all the review from those who actually know this stuff pretty much makes it CLEAR that it's better.

Even if I used the Nexus, would you take my opinion over the review sites and blogs that have already spoken about it? (I doubt it)

I think you can definitively say that it's a better phone than the Bionic. I didn't even know this was debatable.

I just think that guy was trying to suck up to the Moto rep. Nothing wrong with it. I was just saying it was funny.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Umm... the specs alone make the Bionic an inferior phone. 720p screen, faster and higher quality internals, NFC, built for ICS. Yes, the specs don't mean that it'll all come together at the end, but I think the hands-on videos, the demonstrations, and all the review from those who actually know this stuff pretty much makes it CLEAR that it's better.

Even if I used the Nexus, would you take my opinion over the review sites and blogs that have already spoken about it? (I doubt it)

I think you can definitively say that it's a better phone than the Bionic. I didn't even know this was debatable.

I just think that guy was trying to suck up to the Moto rep. Nothing wrong with it. I was just saying it was funny.

What guy?

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Because some random user *thinks* there are ICS features in his bionic, and because he posted it on facebook, makes it true? Thats just silly.

Welcome to Droid Forums, where anything can make the front page.

I'm not sure if you guys had some management changes in the last 6 months or so, but you're slipping. Each and everyday, you put up a tweet directing us here that destroys your credibility and further makes you irrelevant.

Maybe do a little "digging" before you post stuff. You told someone earlier to reread the OP, but you fail to read your title. You are implying that the Bionic has ICS features built in, according to your twitter and the title of this post. Please enlighten us on these features when you find them. Left to right app drawer? ADW had it a year ago - not news.

You guys used to be on your game, not so much anymore.

Fire your editor (and the person in charge of your twitter) :happy: