Ice Cream Sandwich-like Features Already in Bionic; Full Port of ICS Coming to Bionic

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

December 2011? ICS on the Bionic? HA! I'll almost go so far as to say the RAZR will get it first... But, we'll see.
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

I would be very surprised to see it before Christmas, it's entirely possible, but given the track record of phones with blur, sense or touchwiz, I would say it will be early 2012.
  3. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Gotta use the power of positive thinking :) On top of that they said we will see 2 updates, first of which (Originally) was early Nov, than VZW told me late Oct. But no date on the 2nd one.
  4. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

I do think the Bionic will see it before the Razr, maybe I am crazy for thinking this but I think Moto will do that to honor the fact the Bionic was released first.
  5. kongo

kongo New Member

Did no one else notice that the guy told the Motorola rep that he thinks the Bionic is a better phone than the Nexus? Hahahaha...
  6. Shadez

Have you used the nexus? I'm not in any way saying it will be inferior or superior. Just as he doesn't know. None of us knows. With the Bionic updates around the corner, I bet the Bionic gives the nexus a good run for its money. Remember this post in a month or two ....
  7. kongo

kongo New Member

Umm... the specs alone make the Bionic an inferior phone. 720p screen, faster and higher quality internals, NFC, built for ICS. Yes, the specs don't mean that it'll all come together at the end, but I think the hands-on videos, the demonstrations, and all the review from those who actually know this stuff pretty much makes it CLEAR that it's better.

Even if I used the Nexus, would you take my opinion over the review sites and blogs that have already spoken about it? (I doubt it)

I think you can definitively say that it's a better phone than the Bionic. I didn't even know this was debatable.

I just think that guy was trying to suck up to the Moto rep. Nothing wrong with it. I was just saying it was funny.
  8. Shadez

What guy?
  9. MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe New Member

Welcome to Droid Forums, where anything can make the front page.

I'm not sure if you guys had some management changes in the last 6 months or so, but you're slipping. Each and everyday, you put up a tweet directing us here that destroys your credibility and further makes you irrelevant.

Maybe do a little "digging" before you post stuff. You told someone earlier to reread the OP, but you fail to read your title. You are implying that the Bionic has ICS features built in, according to your twitter and the title of this post. Please enlighten us on these features when you find them. Left to right app drawer? ADW had it a year ago - not news.

You guys used to be on your game, not so much anymore.

Fire your editor (and the person in charge of your twitter) :happy:
    1 person likes this.
  10. kongo

kongo New Member

The guy in the OP who was messaging with the Motorola rep. Sam Backus.
  11. Shadez

Maybe you should read the title again, it says 'Ice Cream-LIKE' features. Post like the one you just wrote shows you have not done any research yourself, or else you wouldn't have posted it. You are reading either to much or to less into the OP. Which I don't know.

What the post states is that the Bionic has some features that ICS will deliver to other devices that do not have. And that it has been confirmed that the Bionic will receive the full ICS update. Is that to hard to understand?
  12. GBH2

GBH2 New Member

Not even debatable? Your kidding yourself.

I am sure the Nexus will be a nice phone but we won't know how good until a bunch of people have them in their hands.

Bionic and Nexus have the same CPU and GPU, the Nexus has a slight bump in clock speed and has to drive that 720p display.

We don't know anything about real world performance of the Nexus as far as Signal Reception, Call Quality and Build Quality and Battery Life.

Is the Nexus a generally better phone? Probably

If I wanted to play games on my phone I would almost definitely buy the Nexus.

If I wanted an all around phone for business and personal use I would still probably take the Bionic at least until some serious comprehensive reviews for the Nexus are out.
  13. Shadez

ahh ok
  14. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

Has any Motorola Blur equipped phone ever received an OS upgrade <6 months after the new OS was released for the first time?

Nope... the original Droid kind of did, but it wasn't a Blur phone--Unless I'm wrong, and if so please tell me. But I don't think so.

Has any Droid other than the OGDroid received an OS upgrade (for example from eclaire to froyo) outside of the month of September?
    Don't think so. Please correct me and I'll admit I'm wrong. I'm racking my brain but I can't recall.

I strongly believe that there is no way that the Razr or Bionic will see ICS before next summer.

I'm keeping it real and going by historical patterns.
  15. Shadez

I don't actually remember either, and I've been here since D1 also.. but remember, ICS is supposed to be the unifying platform. It just doesn't seem like it would make sense to fragment it even more by not getting it on all GB devices asap, and I think that is Googles goal. Like you, I could be wrong also.. we'll just have to wait and see.
  16. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Yeah, Google mentioned that they were going to get on OEMs to put out updates faster so that everyone can be on equal footing. Is that gonna happen though? I highly doubt it. I don't think the Bionic will get ICS before March, April the earliest. But let's see how much pull Google really has with the OEMs!
  17. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Let's see...

You can individually get rid of notifications on Blur. While it isn't swiping you can still do it.

Re-sizable widgets have been in blur since day one.

Some of the camera features (like panorama and face detection) have been in blur for around a year.

I can't remember if this was in ICS, but if you get a call and ignore it; a pop up comes up and you can send them a quick text explaining why you can't talk. Blur does that also.
    2 people like this.
  18. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

You guys will be lucky to get update that will be bug free by summer next year if ever.

And the feature you are comparing ics with bionic is probably widget resizing. Moto blur is known for it.

Let's face it, Moto, HTC and Samsung aren't known for timely problem free updates.
  19. Shadez

Yea, though past history tells us, nothing is ever on time or on schedule, Google may just might turn that all around, now that they have bought motomoble. But yea.. no guarantees..
  20. Shadez

That's what we are asking ourselves, that was pre Google buying MotoMobile, we're waiting to see if indeed the roll outs for ICS happen faster. If you are referring to the bug issues on the Bionic, I have no doubt in my mind that will be addressed in the very near future.