Ice Cream Sandwich Finally Gives Users Screenshot capabilities!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
image_thumb93-1.png

Users of some Samsung, HTC, and other devices have already been enjoying this feature for some time thanks to manufacturer additions, but based on what we've seen so far, the Galaxy Nexus will be able to take screenshots without the need for any external apps, root, carrier mods, or other nonsense - support for it is now baked into the core of ICS! All you have to do is press volume down + power and that's it. I'm not going to lie, this is the feature I'm most excited about which is why I posted it here :D. I'm not saying I don't like any of the other features but iOS has had this for a while and Android needed this. Who knows what other little surprises will be in store at the ICS event today?

Source: Android Police

Last edited by a moderator:

g_what

Reaction score
Whoop! This is one of my favorite features of my rooted OG. Now root won't be necessary (not saying that I won't root the Nexus...)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't really get the need for this capability. Done it once to post my home theme here.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's cool for the masses

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet! Now we can have more Screen shot contests :)

warped1987

Reaction score
About time! This ability was the only reason I ever wanted to get rooted, could never understand why they never had this ability.

305rev305

Reaction score
I have the thunderbolt Not rooted. Can I take screenshots or do I have to be rooted??