Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0?

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Does anyone know approximately when it will be available for a Razr update? Just a ballpark estimate is reasonable. Sucks that it wasn't just pre loaded....I would have waited for the nexus but the phones design honestly didn't appeal to me....no offense to nexus users...I think its still a nice phone but I admire my Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ballpark is first quarter 2012, hopefully it's early in the quarter :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Haha I know right..sucks having to wait I'm not trying to root and load after market imitation themes...I just want the legit new OS here already!

JP 5.56

Reaction score
At first I was really waiting for the Nexus but it was taking to long and my OG droid finally went toes up, I got the RAZR. The more I use my RAZR and the more I see of the NExus the more I am happy with my choice. Once I get ICS on it, all will be right in the world.

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Yea....I concur.

cece5702

Reaction score
What type of features will ICS have?
At first I was really waiting for the Nexus but it was taking to long and my OG droid finally went toes up, I got the RAZR. The more I use my RAZR and the more I see of the NExus the more I am happy with my choice. Once I get ICS on it, all will be right in the world.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
What type of features will ICS have?
Redesigned interface, face unlock, better camera functions, more social media integration, screenshots with out root, new browser. many more little things.

Ansa82

Reaction score
Redesigned interface, face unlock, better camera functions, more social media integration, screenshots with out root, new browser. many more little things.

I've heard something about virtual home buttons? What is that about??

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've heard something about virtual home buttons? What is that about??

Moving forward there wont be permanent soft keys on the bottom of the phone. They will be on the screen.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

bullswife98

Reaction score
Moving forward there wont be permanent soft keys on the bottom of the phone. They will be on the screen.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

Actually, when ICS arrives for the Razr I was informed that if your native buttons comes standard on the device that is what will still remain as your permanent buttons.. ie ... if you have them on your phone you will still have them after the update and still need to use them,no virtual buttons if your device has softkeys already.

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
i hope it does end up being like that because i dont want to have two sets of buttons. one being virtual buttons and one being soft key...too many buttons.

bullswife98

Reaction score
i hope it does end up being like that because i dont want to have two sets of buttons. one being virtual buttons and one being soft key...too many buttons.

It will be. Check it out on YouTube. There was an interview with the maker of ICS done, its about a 45 min long. Pretty interesting stuff IMO.

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!