iBolt XPro Vehicle Mount Issue

BobDog437

Reaction score
I bought the iBolt XPro, for Samsung, the day I got my phone. I bought it from the Verizon store and it is packaged for Verizon. It was fine for a while, but I began having issues with it. I would dock and plug in the USB and the phone would go to car mode and immediately back out. It would not play music and other sounds through the USB/Aux combo cable. I reported the problem to iBolt and they quickly responded, telling me there was a two week period where the products shipped with defective cables. This has since been remedied and they are UPS-ing me a replacement cable. Quick customer service and acknowledgement of the issue. If anyone is having a similar issue, email them and let them know.

mlfca

Reaction score
I was going to pick one of these up at my verizon store, I may wait now. Let us know if you get a cable and it solves the problem.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I saw some reviews on Amazon for that dock stating the same thing. I ordered the OEM Samsung one from Amazon this weekend, should be here tomorrow. Going on a trip down to the coast so I will see how it does.

I had no need for the AUX so I didn't consider the iBolt, plus some of the reviews deterred me. Let us know if the new one works for you though. I won't have car mode, but I think I will get by with letting the wife navigate the phone while I drive.

Plus didn't want to have to worry about burn in if I left the screen on for too long.

OP
B

BobDog437

Reaction score
They say the replacement cables work with no issues. Just received the tracking #, so should be on the way. I need the sound output, as my car has no Bluetooth and I use my phone for my car music; my car and all day, at work. Other than this issue, it seems to work ok. But, not as well integrated as Motorolas vehicle mode and docks. However, I had static and other sound issues with my last two Motorola phones.

OP
B

BobDog437

Reaction score
I promptly received the new cable. Things seem to be working fine. They have a great suction cup, which is way better than the Motorola products, which I have used in the past. If you are considering this dock, I would give it a go. Worst case; you have to send an email and wait a few days, for a new cable/connection.

OP
B

BobDog437

Reaction score
The phone now quickly docks and I have had no issues. Seems the small adaptor cable was the culprit. I plan on buying another one (dock), which I will leave in my work vehicle. I appreciate iBolt's quick response and fix. :biggrin: