I337 firmware on i337

Javier_K81

Reaction score
Hi there, could someone to tell me if i337m firmware can be installed on i337 ? Thanks in advanced.

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337 mediante Tapatalk

OP
Javier_K81

Javier_K81

Reaction score
Hi., i bought it in US but i live in Colombia.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
In the US doesn't help that much. From whom did you purchase it? The i337 is an AT&T model and not an International version of the phone. It it an S4 mini?

OP
Javier_K81

Javier_K81

Reaction score
No it isnt...

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
And I disagree. Look at the chart on this page. Samsung Galaxy S4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia you will find that the ONLY carrier listed for the i337 is AT&T. i545 is Verizon and so forth. S4s beginning with a 9 are as listed.

I really would like to know why you seemed to insist that my statement re: the i337 was incorrect.

I'm trying my best to figure out if you have been bamboozled.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Check this out. It comes up with all kinds of i337m links.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
None of which seem to indicate that it's a US based phone and my comment specified that the i337 is an AT&T model, which is still correct.

newbroot83

Reaction score
None of which seem to indicate that it's a US based phone and my comment specified that the i337 is an AT&T model, which is still correct.

Lol from everything ive read they are one and the same. I couldve misread. But I was on your side on this one. No hostility in it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Even if nobody knows what it is, there must be some difference. So getting back to the OP I would say that I would not even attempt putting the i337 firmware on an i337m. That's asking for potential problems. I saw some stuff about rooting that was for Canadian models only.

I still, after all these posts, (I may have missed it) can't figure out who the carrier was supposed to be as the model numbers other than the International, (unlocked) numbers are pretty carrier specific. No answer as to who the phone was purchased from AFAIK.

OP
Javier_K81

Javier_K81

Reaction score
I've read about custom roms and stuff like these, and usually, most of them are compatible with i337 and i337m. So my question is if roms are compatible with both, why firmware aren't?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There are some ROMs that are compatible with different models of some phones. In the end there is usually a function or feature you would give up if it wasn't specific to that phone and even then getting most ROMs is a give and take on a senor or other feature depending on the phone. The same thing applies with some tablets. If you go down that road, be certain you have a recovery plan you fully understand.

ron316

Reaction score
There are some ROMs that are compatible with different models of some phones. In the end there is usually a function or feature you would give up if it wasn't specific to that phone and even then getting most ROMs is a give and take on a senor or other feature depending on the phone. The same thing applies with some tablets. If you go down that road, be certain you have a recovery plan you fully understand.
i337m is canadien vesion