I would pay up to $20 for an app that...

Phanto

Reaction score
... can stream whatever is on my Droid 2's screen to a website, or even better, allow me to output video from the Droid 2 via component cables or bluetooth enabled devices. I don't understand why this isn't possible?

The emulators can take screenshots. Qik and Ustream can stream live video. Why can't these two capabilities be combined?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
... can stream whatever is on my Droid 2's screen to a website, or even better, allow me to output video from the Droid 2 via component cables or bluetooth enabled devices. I don't understand why this isn't possible?

The emulators can take screenshots. Qik and Ustream can stream live video. Why can't these two capabilities be combined?

Only 20.00? For me to be able to do the same thing with my TiVo I have to pay the cable company 75.00 a month.

I think that there are copyright infringement issues that may keep this from happening. I know, if you take your own video you're not breaking any laws but if they opened it up for that the beast would be unleashed.

You mentioned component cables, that would take 3 for picture two for sound Where does that plug into the Droid. If your television is bluetooth enabled or your suggesting maybe going from a Media Computer to a television I can see that.

Perhaps too there is something you see in the device that I'm just not familiar with. I have a hard time grasping the concept of what you are saying and the Droid being able to deliver it. But it may be my thinking that's off here, maybe I'm thinking one way to do it and you've got another in mind.

djrakun

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm way off base here, but you are looking for an alternative for phones that don't have an hdmi out. Is that right?

There are a few java apps I've found that allow you to crontrol and view your phone's ui from a pc, using the usb debugging mode. The screen refresh rate is probably not up to what you want to use it for, but at least the ones I toyed with were open source so you might be able to modify the refresh time to get it to higher fps. this might be a more prolific way to go than waiting on the market.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
phanto I think the capability is there it is just not what the industry wants! I have said it before but I see the Droid becoming EVERYthing in our future... TV tuner, Hard drive with all our media on it... Car Radio tuner, Car GPS system, Video camera, Video caller, It will be our mobile presentation device...with expandable projector etc... medical device... with expandable Ultra Sound probe.... EKG's etc. There really is no limit except for Size right now and battery life... but that is where car hook ups, desk hookups and external devices come into play. oh yeah it will be my Xbox with instant online gaming for COD too!!!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
For $15 more you can buy a Chromecast and stream it to your TV that way. Pretty sure there are ways to stream in chrome too with the appropriate apps...