1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I would like to know more about Google street view

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jordanllgg45, Aug 24, 2010.

1. jordanllgg45

jordanllgg45 Banned

I would would like to know about Google street view. Like I would like to know if there are any hacks for google street view. Like whenever I look at a trail in street view, I see a white line with the name of the trail. But I cannot go onto the trail, just the streets. So I would like to know if there is a hack where I can go on the trails. Because that would be so cool and neat. So I would like to know if there any street view hacks for Google because I bet that there are some hacks. Well anyway, so get back to me as soon as possible if you can. So thank you very much! :icon_ banana:
  2. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

If they haven't mapped it you cant go down it. Have you tried zooming in on the paths on Google Earth, you may have better luck with it if you re getting off a mapped road.
  3. jordanllgg45

jordanllgg45 Banned

About the trails on street view

So I cannot go down a trail that's not mapped yet? Oh well that's too bad. But I remember seeing this cool thing on a website called Crankfire.com. There was a trail in Burlington, CT and it was in Google Earth. And they called it Trail View. And this was really cool and neat. And the picture of this trail was I think in street view or Trail view. I think it was in trail view. So I really wonder if there is a way to view trails in Google Earth instead of Google maps. So what I am thinking is that there should be a way to view trails like street view, except this is called Trail View. I really wonder if there is a Trail view layer or maybe I can download a small plugin to view the trails just like street view. Then that would be really cool and neat. Well anyway, I would like to know much more about this Trail View and see if it is in Google Earth. So all righty? So get back to me very soon and let me know on how I can do this because it looks really cool. So let me know all about this stuff because it's important to me. So thank you very much!
  4. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

Maybe if you write a real nice and professional letter to the Google Street View team they will consider taking you on as an intern and kit you up with a backpack that contains the street view equipment and let you walk all the trails across the US to map them for the team then we will have Street View AND Trail View... How cool would that be? :icon_ banana:

Some of the equipment Google Uses...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Lmao, I would definitely do that...if they paid me. But ya, you can't access any roads that aren't mapped. I have property upstate NYC, and my road goes way off of the main road, about 1/2 mile. You can only see satellite images, no street view right when you get to that point of the road. If ya wanna see, just look at Orange County NY. There's a lot of roads like mine. You can only go to a certain point.
    (I would give the road name, but I don't want stalkers ;))