I would like to extend a farewell to y'all.

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by PickYourKing, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    +1

I had an iPhone 3G and It would always last over 24 hours, I've even had it last 2 full days before. This was also in a low coverage area, if I had Verizon with their awesome service I bet it would have lasted even longer.

Battery life is what I hate most about my Droid, I'm lucky if I get 8 hours out of it. I charged my phone over night, unplugged it around 7:30 this morning, and as of now at 12:30 it's at 40% with only two phone calls made.

2. Loooney2ns

Loooney2ns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And only 2 posts short of becoming a senior droid!

3. jbjtkbw00

jbjtkbw00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No ill will towards you other than I might have waited for an LTE version. That's all. Other than that, best of luck to you.

4. PickYourKing

PickYourKing Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now the Droid is being super sluggish, the battery is terrible, and I've been getting so many random reboots that I want to smash it on the floor.

Deep down I have a feeling I'd be way more into some HTC phones. I just love the cleanliness of the iPhone, battery life, the feel, the organization (symmetrical icons etc). I understand I'll probably want to come back, but there's no sense in not trying something I've wanted to try for years.

We'll see what happens, you guys all rule though and have been great to talk about our Droids with. I'll still check in obviously because i'm sure MIUI is going to go leaps and bounds ahead of what it is now and i'd like to see that.

5. HayWire

HayWire Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My 3g never lasted more then a day.my rooted x with my setup lasted me from 415am till nearly 945 pm.doing another battery test today.. I nearly held outh for the iphone but soglad I went with the x. Enjoy your iphone though!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

6. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Guess we will see you in a few months....when you tire of the idon't and what to get the "does" back ;)

7. TemplesOfSyrinx

Ratings:
    +0
    I won't move to the iPhone for the sheer reason that the OS is locked. For that matter, I won't get another Droid until they have one as open as the Original Droid 1. I like modding my Droid way too much!

I was an Apple fan going back to the original MacIntosh. I still have an original 5gb iPod that still works! (It's the size of a deck of playing cards and three times as heavy!) I did have to pry it open once to change the battery pack since it would only last 5 minutes at the end of the original battery's life. That was quite a project. I also have iPod nanos.

Apple lost me as a fan with their unabashed grab for cash when the they wanted to charge me additional money for songs I purchased on iTunes just to do away with the DRM encoding. Total BS! They should offer this to us free of charge since I have already spent thousands of dollars with them! I now purchase my music online through Amazon. I will not give Apple another dime.

Anyhow, enjoy your iPhone......

8. jamezelle

jamezelle Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    :-/

9. jellybean420

jellybean420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

10. moosez3

moosez3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah My battery life was NEVER good, hardly ever lasts even 8 hours of normal, to me, use. And definitely never lasted more than a day... the price to pay for now, that seriously is the only thing I hate about the OG. there other things that bother me, but I literally hate the battery life.

11. jamezelle

jamezelle Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    just remember that you are running a little computer in your pocket, think about that before complaining about battery :)

12. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    my little computer wouldn't last a day if I used it as a paper weight lol... doesn't matter though I'm with android till the end

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

please join us to extend a farewell