I would like some criticism!

Bubba925

Reaction score
Well I am 17, not able to work or play sports my senior year in high school due to a shoulder injury so I resorted to the internet for money. I cant find many sites that can really get you money, but I did hear about blogging and money so I made my own! It is kinda shotty, but it is my opinion on latest news that is released, and I am going to try and continuously update it even if I don't have any readers! If I can not post this here tell me and I will remove it, or just delete it!

Bubba Tech

M

Matth3w

It's not terrible. I liked the story about the bullet proof BB. Good luck. At least you are attempting to do some work for a living. Most "kids" I know your age would be content to sit around the house and let mom and dad pay for everything and think the world owes them everything. It's always nice to run into someone your age that at least wants to try to make the effort.

OP
B

Bubba925

Reaction score
It's not terrible. I liked the story about the bullet proof BB. Good luck. At least you are attempting to do some work for a living. Most "kids" I know your age would be content to sit around the house and let mom and dad pay for everything and think the world owes them everything. It's always nice to run into someone your age that at least wants to try to make the effort.

Thank you! The only reason I didn't have a job before was because of Football, and no that is gone. So do you have any suggestions for it? I am thinking about moving it over to a different theme and website altogether once I figure out what I want to do and if I can get any readers.

M

Matth3w

I like simple and personally I like dark, so no. The hardests parts will be a) keeping it constantly updated, and b) building up your initial fan base. Once you do that, word of mouth will get you more fans.

Perhaps make a Facebook and Myspace page, Twitter, etc.

OP
B

Bubba925

Reaction score
Thank you! I have already gone about making a Twitter, but still need to integrate that into it! I planned on keeping it dark and simple just because I hate clutter and bright colors hurt my eyes when I read them at night or in the morning! Thanks! Anymore from anyone else?

OP
B

Bubba925

Reaction score
Well I have still been updating, and I would like some more criticism anyone has to offer. You could even just tell me how much it sucks, I don't care, whatever criticism you have!

OP
B

Bubba925

Reaction score
Lol, well thanks but this wasn't exactly for that =P whatd you think of the site?

Mr.G

Reaction score
Decent site.

If you are interested in interwebz for moneys try Amazon Turking. It isn't the most financially rewarding way to make a buck but an hour or three of some diligent work and you can have enough for dinner that night.

OP
B

Bubba925

Reaction score
Decent site.

If you are interested in interwebz for moneys try Amazon Turking. It isn't the most financially rewarding way to make a buck but an hour or three of some diligent work and you can have enough for dinner that night.

I will look into it! Thank you!

Try not to use the word "well" so much. That was the first thing I noticed.
Hmm, I will look into it! I am just starting writing so I have a lot to learn.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
He didn't use the word "well" a whole lot.......I just noticed it at the beginning of each section on the website lol Not a big deal though, honestly....just eliminate the word from the beginning of the paragraphs....

But overall, your site really wasn't that bad at all in my opinion....you seemed to know what you were talking about

OP
B

Bubba925

Reaction score
He didn't use the word "well" a whole lot.......I just noticed it at the beginning of each section on the website lol Not a big deal though, honestly....just eliminate the word from the beginning of the paragraphs....

But overall, your site really wasn't that bad at all in my opinion....you seemed to know what you were talking about

Thank you, and I will definitely look out for repetitive usage of words

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is certainly not a big deal, but it was just something that stuck out to me. I'm a stickler for things like that (thanks mom). :)

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I'd change one big thing if it were mine, have topics with short descriptions about the content with an included link to the full story (maybe in the header) This way people can click the topics they want to read instead of scanning every word you write going down the page of your site. Include links to other sources of info, and add some pictures to spice things up and make it look professional.

Other then that, not bad man. With some work and refinement I'd support your site.

Last edited: