I wonder what impact the HTC suit is having on the 2.1 Update

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the subject...does anyone have any update on a 2.1 release?
Just spoke with my favorite tech chick at verizon, we were comparing roms on our phones, and I blew her away with 2.1 on my wifes Eris. She told me offically they are hearing mid-march, but she doesnt think we will hear anything until the end of the month. (I know, heard it from someone in the know...blah, blah, blah. Its a RUMOR, nothing more, nothing less)

Last edited:

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
OMG someone is making a product that is actually a competition to our products!

I use Apple computers, I love OS X, an iPod is a standard in my life, the iPhone is a great phone.

But this is so stupid. Go HTC, You'll be the first people to directly compete with Apple to the point they make you famous by 'suing you'. Show em hell

hlaalu

Reaction score
"Google, which is not a party in the case, has also joined the fight and said to protect all its vendors that use its software or technology. The search giant added that it backs our Android operating system and all the partners who have helped us to develop it."

I though that was pretty cool when I read it. Bottom line, Google has ALOT more money, more money = better lawyers :)

Hasn't Apple has sued every major computer-related company out there? lol

hinky

Reaction score
Apple may worry that all of its invalid patents will be challenged by Google. Hopefully Apple will rid itself quickly. It's a disease in the water supply.

OP
hippyfish

hippyfish

Reaction score
Hasn't Apple has sued every major computer-related company out there? lol

Pretty much. Jonathan Schwartz, former CEO of Sun, has a great blog post on Apple suing Sun and how they basically called their bluff.

Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal What I Couldn't Say…

I couldn't agree more when he states that "Having watched this movie play out many times, suing a competitor typically makes them more relevant, not less. Developers I know aren’t getting less interested in Google’s Android platform, they’re getting more interested – Apple’s actions are enhancing that interest."