I Wonder... question

Discussion in 'Droid 4 ROMS' started by SnglGrma, May 3, 2013.

1. kenji91

kenji91 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Well, the battery issue has been a D4 problem since day one. It's been significantly better since I've used custom ROMs (Eclipse and Liquid), mostly due to the removal of VZW bloatware. You can also make lots of changes to make the battery last longer.

Everything else leads me to believe you got a bum phone. Capitalizing the first letter is a default of the stock ROM I believe, and can be set in Languages and Input. I've never dropped a call because of any notifications. I would definitely go to Verizon and get a warranty replacement.

I never felt the need to search the forums for these issues because I never came across them. I'm on them daily (well, this and XDA, but only for development) and have not seen anyone say anything bad about the JB OTA.

2. mattjenn

mattjenn Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I maybe lucky but I haven't had any battery life issues gps I fixed when I turned on wifi, gps, and all location settings. Then I went into maps and navigation and got it to lock my position and it's been good ever since even after reboots. The keyboard on the other hand I tried all fixes doesn't stay fixed for long but I have purchased swift key that fixes all issues with keyboard and auto correct even works with physical keyboard which is an issue with lots of 3rd party keyboards but swift key works perfectly and worth every penny. Hopefully Motorola will push out a fix soon.

3. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Putting this away for the weekend....put my phone on the charger and got it up to 40% in 2 hours. Have too much to do this weekend to deal with this right now.

Thanks guys for the thoughts I do appreciate it.

4. ws6formula350

ws6formula350 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had none of the issues you've described, maybe sans the battery issue... but that has never been this phones strong suit.

I get about 14 hours with moderate to heavy usage on JB Eclipse.

But I haven't had any of your issues with stock JB; i'd consider warranty replacement.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

5. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, back to the drawing board.... and I am hoping this is what is wrong...
    Because I uninstalled it and my wi-fi / gps / 4g stopped fighting!

The root of my problem could be the Xfinity Wi-Fi App.

You see, I know it is not a warranty issue, not a battery issue... I knew it was software... because all my issues were happening away from my home... and not when I was at home on my wi-fi signals. I was just getting pissed because I had this issue even during the soak test... and it stopped after I did the factory reset after the soak test ended, but started again within a week ...

With the fighting between the 3 it was causing my phone calls to drop within a minute or when I was receiving emails. The Keyboard issues and the other little things I can deal with... but my battery drainage and my wi-fi not staying on or switching between that and 4g and watching my GPS signal try to find me when it was all switching and losing signal because of that... I could not stand for... so maybe I don't have to go the route of Rooting my phone....

Thanks Guys for giving me thoughts to ponder on!

6. kenji91

kenji91 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    For the record, I rooted and have never looked back. I've even gotten a warranty replacement from Verizon for my rooted phone (because the light sensor seemed to have broken).

I'm currently running jszweitzel's nightly of the LiquidSmooth ROM (v2.3.1), which runs Android 4.2.2, and almost everything is working well. Battery life is fantastic compared to what I've had over the past year of having this phone.

7. 93fuelslut

93fuelslut Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Where is the avatar ROM link ? I checked 2pages and didn't see a thread abt it