I will miss sapphire!

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by JoelWRX, Aug 25, 2010.

1. JoelWRX

JoelWRX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys my run with Sapphire is nearing a end. I have had so many issues with replacement DROID phones that I was given to option to get a DROID X instead of a DROID. I took the offer, and will be owing DROID X in 2 days.

Hopefully our paths cross when black bar mod comes out for Droid X! If they ever get a fully working recovery.

2. jim6172

jim6172 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yep, ditto me too just squired a D2 and goin through a little withdraw myself
    jim

D2 just a waitin"

3. scrub175

scrub175 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    we need to start a petition to have a variant of sapphire developed for the X. I'm hoping with the froyo leak they could work with that to develop something for us. I donated for droid sapphire, I'll gladly donate for an X sapphire too.

4. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +260
    I feel for you guys!! My brother has an X and I've played with the D2, both REAL nice phones. But, I would turn them both down do to lack of custom ROMs (for now anyway). Once that is done I will be very hard pressed not to upgrade :)

5. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry to hear that JoelWRX ;) Enjoy the new phone.

I'll be using black bar mod probably until I get a new phone. :)

6. cvpcs

cvpcs Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to hear you're going, but hopefully some day i'll be getting into some DX goodness. i actually did get a chance to look at some froyo leaks, including a few from P3 that weren't pushed to dev phones, and was able to get a compilable build put together, but due to lack of access to a device i stopped working on it for awhile. i may see if i can get a proof of concept going (similar to what i did for ruby) to determine if i should pursue some hardware.

7. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    aww gonna miss you guys! *tear* =)
    no seriously, thanks for your help and the blackbar theme. don't forget about us when new versions come out!

8. Syraz

Syraz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my 3rd replacement phone coming to me either Friday or Monday *crosses fingers it functions properly* I played with the D2, was little laggy, but that could be do to the useless moto widgets, the DX was turned off and power supply to it didnt work so I couldnt play with it

9. JoelWRX

JoelWRX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wont forget about you loyal D1 owners, I will do my best to port my theme's over with every release. But without the actual device, it will be hard to determine if there are issues and functionality.

CVPCS, I would love to see a Sapphire build from you for the DX. I would be more than willing to take time/effort helping you with anything if you decide to continue with the project. I can't speak to much on it because I don't have the device yet (coming today) but I heard the biggest issue for custom roms is the recovery? I will spend more time researching when I get the phone.

Thanks for the regards everyone.

Oh and ya I am installing LauncherPro once I get the phone to get rid of that "Non-Blur" crap.

10. Armyof2

Armyof2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Traitor! Seize him!

11. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    No no no. If he were switching to an iph(**((*#@&*&#@)( samurihl disconnected. Son of a! :D

12. cc2iscool

cc2iscool New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apple has detected jailbroken phone. Remote phone kill process executed. All your phones are belong to us. You have no chance to survive, make your time. Hahaha.

Search tags for this page

miss sapphire forum