I will miss sapphire!

JoelWRX

Reaction score
Guys my run with Sapphire is nearing a end. I have had so many issues with replacement DROID phones that I was given to option to get a DROID X instead of a DROID. I took the offer, and will be owing DROID X in 2 days.

Hopefully our paths cross when black bar mod comes out for Droid X! If they ever get a fully working recovery.

jim6172

Reaction score
yep, ditto me too just squired a D2 and goin through a little withdraw myself
jim

D2 just a waitin"

S

scrub175

we need to start a petition to have a variant of sapphire developed for the X. I'm hoping with the froyo leak they could work with that to develop something for us. I donated for droid sapphire, I'll gladly donate for an X sapphire too.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I feel for you guys!! My brother has an X and I've played with the D2, both REAL nice phones. But, I would turn them both down do to lack of custom ROMs (for now anyway). Once that is done I will be very hard pressed not to upgrade :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys my run with Sapphire is nearing a end. I have had so many issues with replacement DROID phones that I was given to option to get a DROID X instead of a DROID. I took the offer, and will be owing DROID X in 2 days.

Hopefully our paths cross when black bar mod comes out for Droid X! If they ever get a fully working recovery.

Sorry to hear that JoelWRX ;) Enjoy the new phone.

I'll be using black bar mod probably until I get a new phone. :)

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
sorry to hear you're going, but hopefully some day i'll be getting into some DX goodness. i actually did get a chance to look at some froyo leaks, including a few from P3 that weren't pushed to dev phones, and was able to get a compilable build put together, but due to lack of access to a device i stopped working on it for awhile. i may see if i can get a proof of concept going (similar to what i did for ruby) to determine if i should pursue some hardware.

brochaos

Reaction score
aww gonna miss you guys! *tear* =)
no seriously, thanks for your help and the blackbar theme. don't forget about us when new versions come out!

Syraz

Reaction score
I got my 3rd replacement phone coming to me either Friday or Monday *crosses fingers it functions properly* I played with the D2, was little laggy, but that could be do to the useless moto widgets, the DX was turned off and power supply to it didnt work so I couldnt play with it

OP
J

JoelWRX

Reaction score
I wont forget about you loyal D1 owners, I will do my best to port my theme's over with every release. But without the actual device, it will be hard to determine if there are issues and functionality.

CVPCS, I would love to see a Sapphire build from you for the DX. I would be more than willing to take time/effort helping you with anything if you decide to continue with the project. I can't speak to much on it because I don't have the device yet (coming today) but I heard the biggest issue for custom roms is the recovery? I will spend more time researching when I get the phone.

Thanks for the regards everyone.

Oh and ya I am installing LauncherPro once I get the phone to get rid of that "Non-Blur" crap.