I was just curious and all about different phones

chromashadows

Reaction score
I mean, why do they keep coming out with better and better and better phones a few months apart when they KNOW we can't just break our contract to get the next new best thing every few? Like me, if I were to trade in my Droid for one of the new ones that I just read about (droid 2, etc), it would cost me some GOOD Money to do so. And yet, I get the droid 2 and by then the Droid 8 will be out with about 10 other Droids right behind it. Why don't they just put out like 3 phones, wait a year, put out a few more? It really is NOT fair to us who get a new phone and have it 'sooooo old' within a few months.

Anyone know their reasoning behind this?

Let me add a 'hehehe' to that so it doesn't sound like I'm whining. XD

smokiedabong

Reaction score
There aren't that many coming out , I want a new model every 2 days . There are so many phone manufactures , I know they can do that .

Vitticeps

Reaction score
It's healthy competition. You don't see the same manufacturer putting out multiple phones on the same carrier that quickly. But manufacturers don't get together and agree who gets to produce what and when.

It's the same thing with any technology market; computers, GPS, TVs, etc. It's perfectly fair, you don't HAVE to have the latest and greatest all the time. :)

OP
chromashadows

chromashadows

Reaction score
That is true. Money and not HAVING to have the latest and greatest. Kind of makes me excited how the phones will be when my new every 2 is up in 18 months! ^_^

course then I'll get my new phone and a better one will be out 2 months later, hehehehe

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Why would you make a 2 year contract ? You limit yourself to around 15-20 phones during your lifetime . Only one year and you get to use twice as many :icon_ banana:

texasPI

Reaction score
Why would you make a 2 year contract ? You limit yourself to around 15-20 phones during your lifetime . Only one year and you get to use twice as many :icon_ banana:
Exactly! On a 1 year contract with VZW you can upgrade every 10 months! On 2 year contract you can upgrade 20 months into it.

Btw, in a little under 4 months I'm eligible for an upgrade from the Droid! We'll see whats out then...

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Because you purchased a phone that means all phone manufacturers must stop putting out new phones until you are ready to upgrade? Technology changes quickly. You PC is outdated shortly after you get it. These new phones coming out doesn't make the Droid any less of a great phone.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Does it matter? Sell old phone on EBay, pay ETF, get new phone. OR You could just pony up for another line/phone. There are so many ways to do things

dolpns13

Reaction score
I mean, why do they keep coming out with better and better and better phones a few months apart when they KNOW we can't just break our contract to get the next new best thing every few? Like me, if I were to trade in my Droid for one of the new ones that I just read about (droid 2, etc), it would cost me some GOOD Money to do so. And yet, I get the droid 2 and by then the Droid 8 will be out with about 10 other Droids right behind it. Why don't they just put out like 3 phones, wait a year, put out a few more? It really is NOT fair to us who get a new phone and have it 'sooooo old' within a few months.

Anyone know their reasoning behind this?

Let me add a 'hehehe' to that so it doesn't sound like I'm whining. XD

Its simple, they are trying to lure in their competitions customers and get them to sign with Verizon.. For example, Apple/Sprint keep coming out with new models to try to steal Verizon customers and vice versa... and not to mention those that will break their contract for an upgrade.. thats like free, no hassle money for phone companies