I was just contacted to do a survey on the Gnex

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. As I stated I'm my OP the survey was conducted by an independent firm.

Thumbed from my TF101

Your original post said that Verizon was involved via hiring the company to do the survey, which means Verizon has paid for the survey.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The question was VZW conducting the survey. The answer to that is no. Did VZW initiate the whole thing. Yes. But I was not contacted by VZW or any representative of VZW. It really doesn't matter anyway as I don't have the Gnex anymore so there would be no warranty for them to void. And I really don't believe that is the intent of this survey. I still think VZW did not want anything to do with the Gnex. But they were in to far to back out. That is why they dragged their feet on releasing it. I think this is just helping them reassure themselves of a possible decision to not release another Nexus phone.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The question was VZW conducting the survey. The answer to that is no. Did VZW initiate the whole thing. Yes. But I was not contacted by VZW or any representative of VZW. It really doesn't matter anyway as I don't have the Gnex anymore so there would be no warranty for them to void. And I really don't believe that is the intent of this survey. I still think VZW did not want anything to do with the Gnex. But they were in to far to back out. That is why they dragged their feet on releasing it. I think this is just helping them reassure themselves of a possible decision to not release another Nexus phone.

If the next Nexus is a MotoNexus (good possiblity), they may not have a choice!

famac!

Reaction score
I believe i got the same call yesterday. I just hung up on them. I thought they were trying to up sell me on something.

wolstonc

Reaction score
I bet it's meant to be negative so Verizon can go "see? We were right" to Google and pressure them to have bloatware or not do another nexus. I'd hate to have to move to sprint, but I won't use a non nexus again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since Verizon spent the money, I have to imagine they're wanting to put this information to good use. Since it seems like they were asking about hardware and not "were you unhappy you didn't have all of verizon's bloatware on your device when you bought it", I have to imagine it's to do with the reported issues that some people are bringing up to them on returns.

I hope they call me since I haven't had any issues, I'd hate for the Nexus line to be discontinued on Verizon because some people are having network issues. It really is the best device I've ever used. I still just look at it and feel like it's still day one because of how much I enjoy it and I don't think I've ever had that feeling with other smart phones.

We'll have to wait and see who else they call and see if we can determine if it's only those who returned the Nexus.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Since Verizon spent the money, I have to imagine they're wanting to put this information to good use. Since it seems like they were asking about hardware and not "were you unhappy you didn't have all of verizon's bloatware on your device when you bought it", I have to imagine it's to do with the reported issues that some people are bringing up to them on returns.

I hope they call me since I haven't had any issues, I'd hate for the Nexus line to be discontinued on Verizon because some people are having network issues. It really is the best device I've ever used. I still just look at it and feel like it's still day one because of how much I enjoy it and I don't think I've ever had that feeling with other smart phones.

We'll have to wait and see who else they call and see if we can determine if it's only those who returned the Nexus.

^Same here, best phone I've used by far, way far! Again, I bet the next Nexus will be a Moto and I'm sure it wont be discontined because it will be the Google/Moto baby. Now that has some power behind it!

Syraz

Reaction score
I wish I would get that call, I love this phone...nothing bad about it for me

gthotie5

Reaction score
They called my house phone asking to speak with the owner of the galaxy Nexus.... I said he wasn't there lol
Oh well.
Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
They called my house phone asking to speak with the owner of the galaxy Nexus.... I said he wasn't there lol
Oh well.
Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

They will keep calling and calling and calling. Might as well do it and get it over with. LOL

jmcdonald

Reaction score
This is by far the best phone I have ever had. I really hope I get the call because I only want a Nexus from now on. I had the D1, the D2 for work and now the GNex. I can say with certainty that problems people have with Android are the skins that manufacturers insist on putting on top. If they would leave well enough alone then people wouldn't be so down on Android. I for one have had no problems with the GNex including great signal. But I don't live in a fringe 4G area. I can say though that the hand off between 3G and 4G was way slower and unreliable on 4.02 and 4.03 but running the leaked 4.04 it has been fantastic. As 4G matures and vzw adopts voice over lte it will only get better. Also the crap that moto has been pushing has really got me down them. Its going to take awhile for me to restore my faith in moto's software. Even with Google owning them. By the time my 2 years are up with the GNex we will see but I might not be ready even then even if their hardware is top notch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting, wonder what it could be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Blue

Probably trying to decide if they want to continue to offer Nexus devices in the future, or if this is a once-off thing.

Or they could be researching to determine whether or not it would be worth it for them to offer the rumored Nexus Tablet.