I was just contacted to do a survey on the Gnex

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Dunno what this is all about but apparently VZW is contracting an independent firm to contact Galaxy Nexus owners and survey them about the Gnex. Just got the call and I went ahead and took the survey. Kinda wish I hadn't because it took the better part of 20 minutes. They went over everything. Complaints, issues, likes, dislikes, opinions an/or experiences with other peoples reported issues, etc. Seems to me VZW is up to something with this.

Htown315

Reaction score
Interesting..last time I was on a call with vzw the lady asked me my opinions on the gnex and asked if I had problems....weird.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Judging the tone of the survey I get the impression VZW isn't happy with users experience with the Gnex. There wasn't much positive about it.

Thumbed from my TF101

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There are definitely a number of users out there who are having a bad experience. This is the first I have heard of them doing a survey though. Should be interesting to see what, if anything, comes of it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wonder if this could mean more support or faster updates?

Haven't gotten any calls regarding it. Long survey though lol

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm curious if they'd be using this survey as a way to determine whether to support another Nexus device later on. But it does seem a little early for them to do a survey considering we haven't even received an OTA yet.

Asking someone if they're happy with a brand new operating system is a bad way to determine if they like the phone it's running on. It's like asking a brand new Windows Vista(prior to updates) user if they're happy with their laptop that runs sluggish due to the operating system not being optimized.

Not that I'd compare ICS to Vista ever heh, but it seemed like a relevant comparison.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont know if its about whether or not they will support another Nexus device. They only have experience with one manufacture for a Nexus so far...if you count the Droid 1....2 manufactures. They also have experience with technically a Nexus tablet...Xoom. I would hope they dont base their decision on another Nexus after 1 manufacture.

That is curious about the survey tho... Will try to keep up with this to see what comes from it. About it being a brand new OS... GB and Froyo were brand new at one time too..or new to Verizon users at one time... As many ppl on the forums that complained about the GB update for the Droid X..I assume the survey goes beyond the OS. And the OP said it included what you liked about the G Nex too...

We also gotta admit there are regular phone issues with the G Nex that may or may not be ICS related. Maybe the survey should be done in another 3 months, or after some more official updates.

Thats another thing: were there surveys for other phones, tablets after major OS updates?

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
They didn't ask a thing about ICS. This was all related to the hardware. They did ask if I was rooted and if I tried a custom version of the OS.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My point was, they're asking about hardware when the software is just as important for it's functioning and it's yet to be updated.

Since I don't have the signal issues I can't really comment, but if they surveyed someone who said "yeah my signal is terrible" and then an update fixes the problem, then it wasn't hardware related. Then the survey would be pointless.

As I said, seems a bit early for a survey.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
They didn't ask a thing about ICS. This was all related to the hardware. They did ask if I was rooted and if I tried a custom version of the OS.

Hmmm...it was VZW conducting this survey? If so, I'd be worried they were just trying to void some warranties.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Hmmm...it was VZW conducting this survey? If so, I'd be worried they were just trying to void some warranties.

No. As I stated I'm my OP the survey was conducted by an independent firm.

Thumbed from my TF101

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. As I stated I'm my OP the survey was conducted by an independent firm.

Thumbed from my TF101

My apologies. I read "contracting" as "conducting". Skimming es no bueno.