I was forced to leave the Droid family this afternoon..

darkmatter

Reaction score
I got my d3, and was going to give my d1 to my gf. The vzw rep was terribly unhelpful. To the point where the first thing my gf wanted to do as we left the vzw store was to go visit the sprint store.

Verizon used to have some of the best customer service I've ever seen, but lately its among the worst. I would go to sprint if I could use it while at work. Sprint seems to work pretty well in town though, so it will work for my gf.

As we left the sprint store, she was convinced that she will leave vzw for sprint and get the epic 4g (she needs a keyboard)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Beka27

Reaction score
As soon as a rep figures out you're not going to buy anything, their interest in you wanes. If you want attention, you have to say you're wanting to start a 5 phone family plan... then tell them nevermind... I just want to activate an old phone on an existing line... lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Josefius

Reaction score
As soon as a rep figures out you're not going to buy anything, their interest in you wanes. If you want attention, you have to say you're wanting to start a 5 phone family plan... then tell them nevermind... I just want to activate an old phone on an existing line... lol.

Yep, it appears to me they work on comission from sales they make just like at Radio Shack. I got some pushy sales guy when I was looking at buying a H17 headset for 99 dollars, when I told him I could buy the same at Walmart for 39 dollars and 45 at the Moto store he tried to sell me a Xoom :(

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

tommyg562000

Reaction score

Yep, it appears to me they work on comission from sales they make just like at Radio Shack. I got some pushy sales guy when I was looking at buying a H17 headset for 99 dollars, when I told him I could buy the same at Walmart for 39 dollars and 45 at the Moto store he tried to sell me a Xoom :(

They don't get commission, but they are required to hit a certain number of sales per month.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ChevyNexus

Reaction score

They don't get commission, but they are required to hit a certain number of sales per month.

My sissy works at big red, they make commision. They also pull money off your future purchases if they start you on your plan.

tommyg562000

Reaction score

My sissy works at big red, they make commision. They also pull money off your future purchases if they start you on your plan.

We do NOT make commission

Beka27

Reaction score

We do NOT make commission

Commission or quotas or goals, whatever you want to call it... any way you look at it, you have to force sales to maintain your job. And that desperation is so obvious upon walking in the store. I work in retail and frankly, I suck at it. I can't lie to people and tell them whatever I need to in order to make a sale. The management gets annoyed with me, but fortunately my position is not dependent on sales.

crome1115

Reaction score
you could have actually done an asumption of liability and taken your existing contracted number off your mothers account and transferred it in your name with all your features intact including your unl data.. you would not have had to start a whole new plan.. unfortunately the rep you spoke with was probably just trying to get you to start a new line to add to their commision.. they ould not have gotten a comission off of the aol.. sorry you had to go through the aggrevation...you did not have to lose your unl data..