I was flashing a rom through RM and I started bootlooping

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pc747, Sep 11, 2010.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Do not panic. It is a real easy fix. Boot into recovery, you may have to pull the battery for 30 secs, put it back in and power on while holding x (for droid 1, and 2). While in recovery restore your nandroid backup. If you do not have a nandroid backup. Install a rom through your recovery menu (if you used RM you should be in CW recovery so the instructions below are for cw recovery) .

To install a rom through recovery:

Click partitions menu

- hook you droid to your computer or laptop using your usb cord

- Click mount USB storage

your phone's sdcard should come up on your computer (is not power off remove sd card and put it in your computer's sd card slot)

- Install a rom (any rom) from here: Custom Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

after you get it on your sdcard make sure the rom is on the root of your sdcard, that means it does not go into any folders. (no need to rename it)

-click power to back up one screen

- click install zip from sdcard (and find the rom that you placed on your sdcard)

- allow rom to install

-power back to the main menu and wipe data and cahce

- then reboot.

If you need a video and some basic knowledge about installing roms through recovery, please see here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html

And for all other CW related issues see this troubleshooting guide: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...shooting-guides-clockwork-recovery-guide.html
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

For a second there I thought you were really in trouble :wink:

J/K

Nice Write-Up
  3. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

HA HA, when I first read it I thought the 1st post got deleted or something.

As always, good job PC:icon_ banana:
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Wow, and I thought I was the only one...

;)
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    I'll try to guide you through installing stuff with SPRecovery, but ROM Manager screws too many things up for me to suggest you use it.
  6. noo_too_droid

noo_too_droid New Member

For rom manager you do basically nothing, but it works like 40 percent of the time. Id listen to furbearingmamal get clockworkmod/SP recovery download a rom through rom manager and then you go find the rom with a file manager clockworkmod will put it in the clockworkmod>>download folder sp puts it in the nandroid>>downloaed folder (correct me here I'm not positive about SP) move the rom to the root of your sd card and name it update.zip. turn your phone off and turn it on while holding the 'x' key and it will give you the moto m and then some green text go to apply update.zip (or something similar)after you click that (for sp you have to hit allow update.zip and the apply update.zip) then just say yes and you're on your way.
  7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Thread merged, see post on page 1 for instructions on how to fix this issue.