I was a winner of the FaceBook contest!

Discussion in 'ezeStand' started by BodyBagz, Mar 5, 2011.

1. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

As such, I figured I would do a little write up/review of the product in which I won...bear with me because I am no William Shakespeare...:)

In this case, it was a ezeStand XL Super Bundle for the Droid X. This bundle has a retail price of $24.99, and includes the following components:

(1) ezeStand XL
    (1) USB Wall Charger
    (1) USB Car Charger
    (2) Right Angle, 6ft USB Cables

Everything is packaged into a small cardboard box that helps keep the weight down for lower costs in shipping, which is a nice touch for the consumer. All pieces individually wrapped in placstic or enclosed in plastic zip-close bags.

The ezeStand itself looks to be made out of either extruded or mold-formed ABS plastic. It doesnt seem to use any additional weights to give it heft, but it does sit very firmly with or without a Droid X on it. There are rubber pads to cushion the phone, as well as to add a bit of non-slip grip when the phone is resting on the ezeStand.

There are 2 small magnets installed inside the back piece that do activate the "dock mode" when the phone is installed in the horizontal "landscape" position. The addition of the right angle USB cables allows the phone to be positioned in this way and still be connected for charging...and this is quite handy.

I have a Rubber OtterBox Impact case on my phone, another contest win from right here on DroidForums, and the ezeStand XL fits my phone with this case with no problems at all. I would assume, based on looking at the stand and my phone, that a full OtterBox Defender or OtterBox Commuter type cases will fit, but may not be able to have Dock Mode activated being their cases are thicker than mine.

Also, just as a side note, the staff had this shipped to me the same day the contest finalized the winners. I had shipping and tracking info in my e-mail inbox before I got home from work! Their product arrived to me in 2 days via USPS...that my friends is customer consideration and timely shipping!

Overall and in closing, I will say the ezeStand is well worth the price of $24.95 if you buy the full Super Bundle. It is nicely built and comes with everything you need for sitting your phone on a desk or night-side table. The black color of all the components helps it look like it was designed by Moto themselves when your phone is cradled in it.

Thanks to ezeStand and faceBook for allowing me the opportunity to win this stand...it is sitting right on my computer desk as I write this...
  2. ezeStand

ezeStand New Member

Wow BodyBagz! Thanks for the great write up :icon_ banana:
  3. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

JUST ORDERED ONE! I'm super excited! My husband uses the Moto dock but I refuse to take my case off every night just to charge! Finally, a dock made for those of us with cases!
  4. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Just thought I would post an update since its been a couple of weeks since I won this eZe Stand bundle.

Well, the stand has now found its way to my bedside table...and it fits there quite nicely. I have 1 of the 6ft cables plugged in and thats where I primarily charge my DX. I also took the cigarette charger and placed it in my car, where it now powers the original cable that came with my DX by way of my Moto Car Dock.

Overall, I am still highly pleased with this stand. I would recommend any owner of a DX in need of a stand to get this one...you will not be disappointed IMO.:)