i want to uninstall CWM on my RAZR

ddfuji

Reaction score
does any one know how to uninstall/remove Clock work recovery mod? i got it on there but im not sure how to remove it and i couldn't find anything on google.

please help

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to remove it? For the razr I'm unsure how to remove it. An SBF/fxz (or whatever its called) will probably work but it will wipe everything. I know in rom manager there's an option to remove recovery but I don't think rom manager is compatible with the razr.

OP
ddfuji

ddfuji

Reaction score
Why do you want to remove it? For the razr I'm unsure how to remove it. An SBF/fxz (or whatever its called) will probably work but it will wipe everything. I know in rom manager there's an option to remove recovery but I don't think rom manager is compatible with the razr.

im trying to restore my phone back to its original state. i ahve wiped out both internal and external and it still is there. plus im not using cwm cause the bacjups and restores dont work any ways for me. thats all i wanted it for but it doesnt work. i dont dont need it either.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have any way to start downloading it now, you might do that... it's a massive file. :)

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Exactly the same as the X. The file names are the same, but the code within, which we don't deal with directly, is changed. Here ya go:

Uninstall bootstrap app
Explore to internal file of system/bin mount to r/w
Delete:
/hijack
/logwrapper
Rename:
/logwrapper.bin to /logwrapper
(just remove the '.bin' from the name)
Reboot

The OTA updates didn't seem to mind either CWM or CWM-on-boot being installed, at least on my Razr...so far. You may have to reinstall them, but they don't throw an error.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
ddfuji

ddfuji

Reaction score
Exactly the same as the X. The file names are the same, but the code within, which we don't deal with directly, is changed. Here ya go:

Uninstall bootstrap app
Explore to internal file of system/bin mount to r/w
Delete:
/hijack
/logwrapper
Rename:
/logwrapper.bin to /logwrapper
(just remove the '.bin' from the name)
Reboot

The OTA updates didn't seem to mind either CWM or CWM-on-boot being installed, at least on my Razr...so far. You may have to reinstall them, but they don't throw an error.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It wouldn't let me delete hijack.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

240swapped

Reaction score
Are you viewing those files with Root Explorer or Es File Manager? Sounds like you need something that can switch to a read/write setting...

OP
ddfuji

ddfuji

Reaction score
i was viewing with astro. i know the commands to change the permissions. but the phone has to be rooted. i nuked and paved the baby so i could do soak testing but it didnt get rid of cwm. so i couldnt do soak test. and now im trying to root back so i can use these commands but now doomlords rooting isnt working. im gonna nuke and pave one more time.

OP
ddfuji

ddfuji

Reaction score
im gonna use RSD to fastboot back to the very original version. i was told this would get rid of CWM. i will update once the fastboot file downloads and i get it on my phone.

edit

it did remove cwm. worked beautifully and flawslesly. it also got rid of the pesky message. "system updates" is not available with out a Motorola service account

wheezzl

Reaction score
im gonna use RSD to fastboot back to the very original version. i was told this would get rid of CWM. i will update once the fastboot file downloads and i get it on my phone.

edit

it did remove cwm. worked beautifully and flawslesly. it also got rid of the pesky message. "system updates" is not available with out a Motorola service account

How did you finally remove it? I am facing the exact same problem and I am kind of a noob when it comes to the Razr and bootstrap changes (used to have a samsung)