I want to put the Blueberry MMS in my Moviestar theme.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I love the themed mms for blueberry, but prefer the icons and other theme parts from moviestar blackmod. Is it possible to extract the theme for the MMS from blueberry and move to my moviestar theme?

This doesnt involve the actual mms.apk...its the com.mms blah blah file that contains the .png's.

I looked in this com.mms folder and there is a lot more info in the one on my system than there is in the blueberry. All the blueberry file contains is drawable.hdpi folders with images.

Does anyone know how I can get that theme'd mms to work with my moviestar theme. :)

Shusuke028

Reaction score
If it still works in 11.26 like it did in 11.19, then it's very simple :D
Just go to the blackberry theme .zip and grab/copy the com.android.mms (not sure if that's what it's called but u get the idea) folder.

Then over in your Moviestar theme .zip, extract it, once extracted, paste the mms folder into the theme, then highlight all of the files that were extracted, right click, send to..., Compressed (zip folder), and VOILA!!

Now drag the finished zip folder into your MIUI\Themes folder

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im on 19 build. Can I just move that folder to data/data using root explorer?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Z

ZeroBarrier

You shouldn't go messing with any of the /data/data/ contents; these folders just hold the lib and config files for your apps. There's a big potential to hosing an app or your system by fiddling around in there (not like you'd break your phone, but still sucks to have to do a uninstall/reinstall or a factory reset to get you back to normal).

As Shusuke said, you should combine the elements you want into a theme.zip and let the system handle the actual theme'ing part for you.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Im on 19 build. Can I just move that folder to data/data using root explorer?

Not sure about this method, but if I were you, I'd listen to Zero, obviously there are some pretty important things in data/date

And I know what I said earlier could have been put A LOT clearer, I'm just not used to explaining things. I'm usually the one asking ^>^

So I hope we were able to be of some help

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes...it worked and it was easy and fast. Only thing is the default preview in the MMS theme setting shows the chinese and ironman skin, but I apply it and it is the blueberry theme.

It was really easy as the moviestar blackmod theme didnt have the com.android.mms folder in it at all...so there was no need to replace it. I just pasted it in the zip and moved it back to my sd card...and reapplied the theme. I should take a screen shot and move that pic file to the data folder so that the preview reflects the actual theme instead of the chinese theme.

thanks for the help guys!

projekt128

Reaction score
yes...it worked and it was easy and fast. Only thing is the default preview in the MMS theme setting shows the chinese and ironman skin, but I apply it and it is the blueberry theme.

It was really easy as the moviestar blackmod theme didnt have the com.android.mms folder in it at all...so there was no need to replace it. I just pasted it in the zip and moved it back to my sd card...and reapplied the theme. I should take a screen shot and move that pic file to the data folder so that the preview reflects the actual theme instead of the chinese theme.

thanks for the help guys!

Yak did you try editing the preview image to see if it reflects the proper theme? If so, would you mind sharing the specifics?

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I haven't but I can. When I get home I'll put it all together in a zip and post it up so all you will have to do is apply it like you normally would

projekt128

Reaction score
I haven't but I can. When I get home I'll put it all together in a zip and post it up so all you will have to do is apply it like you normally would

Very cool.. I was wondering the same initial question.. But that Chinese preview image has to go :)

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, I fixed it. I think so...lol. I am by no means a themer, but I just figured out how to correct that mistake. Dont know why it was overlooked by the creator.

I explained how I fixed it below if you are interested. Same way I changed the starcraft "send" button in mms. Its all just image files/names/sizes that should matter for these themes. They dont touch the framework, so...you should be okay just flashing it in the theme setting.

I have not tried to apply this yet, so please let me know if it works...because I will eventually apply it. It really only corrects a minor detail that was overlooked, but hopefully its perfected now.

Here is the updated theme that includes the correct previews. Backup first just incase.

moviestar.zip

How I fixed this was...

open the original theme zip on my pc. Go into the drawable hdpi folder...find the preview .jpg's. Extracted them. Opened with MS paint...found out what their pixel aspect ratio was. And what their file names were.

Then I used my phone, menu and down volume rocker to take snapshots. Went in root explorer, long pressed on these images that were saved in MIUI folder....send to my pc email address. Downloaded them to my PC. Then I just resized/cropped them to match the aspect ratio of the originals...and named them the same...and added them to the zip. I verified that they were saved in the updated zip...and bam...should work.

Please do follow up and let me know if this worked for you. I have no idea if it will...but there should be no harm done to your phone if it didnt work...but I dont see why it wouldnt work.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
EDIT:

If you have already flashed this theme and only want to change the preview images. Save the images below in my attachments, as .jpg...dont change their names. They should match the images that are already in the com.android.mms file.

paste these images using root explorer into

/data/system/theme/com.android.mms/res/drawable-hdpi and paste the two images in there. It will replace those hideous chinese previews. No need to reboot.

Only one mistake I made was I shouldve cropped the notification bar out of my images, but hey...it shows 420 pm, so you cant really complain about it. haha.

projekt128

Reaction score
EDIT:

If you have already flashed this theme and only want to change the preview images. Save the images below in my attachments, as .jpg...dont change their names. They should match the images that are already in the com.android.mms file.

paste these images using root explorer into

/data/system/theme/com.android.mms/res/drawable-hdpi and paste the two images in there. It will replace those hideous chinese previews. No need to reboot.

Only one mistake I made was I shouldve cropped the notification bar out of my images, but hey...it shows 420 pm, so you cant really complain about it. haha.

Lol.. A little notification bar never hurt anyone.. This did work for me.. I just copied and pasted and it was all good. So it's safe to say that you're a non-themer with some common sense and an undying sense of determination. Which amounts to success? :)

TY!

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
haha, thats safe to say. ;)

If the notification bar bothers you at all you can always crop them, resize and push them back to that location. I didnt realize it until after I had already pasted them in the folder.

projekt128

Reaction score
haha, thats safe to say. ;)

If the notification bar bothers you at all you can always crop them, resize and push them back to that location. I didnt realize it until after I had already pasted them in the folder.

For as much as I'm going to actually go into MMS themes, I doubt it will bother me. But you never know when the OCD hammer will come crashing down..