I want to Modify/Build an old ROM for Practice

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Airwngr14, May 14, 2010.

1. Airwngr14

Airwngr14 New Member

Being only a few months new to my moto droid and only programming from scratch and using books to layout an app by tutorials. My droid is rooted and themed and everything that i can do with it's top layer or using an app or replacing png files, but i wanted to go deep and manually add things to xml files to kinda personalize my phone. I learn best with an example....Now my question is if there is anywhere i can get my hands on a ROM such as BB or Chaos that's stable and that hasn't been zipped or apk'd to look at and see what i can tinker with or see how it's set up or built and import into like say eclipse???? Or even a stock 2.1 ESE81 build and modify it myself....Or both a stock and modified already built ROM to see the differences would be great. Also same with theme files if I can get any of those to look at. Send or Attach the files to my email or here if you could. The attached file is the start of my first tutorial/project..thanx for help from anyone that can give me links..
  2. sniffle

sniffle Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Search tags for this page

how to mofidfy stock rom