1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I want to Mod one small thing

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by maronn, May 31, 2010.

1. maronn

maronn New Member

I don't get big into themes. I usually like to keep a clean look, but I have attached a drocap image with an arrow pointing at what I would like to mod. If someone could tell me the name of the file I need to mod, then I can probably complete the rest. Basically what I am trying to do is remove the ^ symbol and add a word there. Any help would be great! Thank you in advance!!!
  2. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

use root explorer, or whatever file explorer, and go to /system/app/launcher.apk

you can rename it to a .zip on your computer from there, the files your looking for are located in a "res" folder, and inside that is a drawable-hpdi folder. files should be there assuming your using the stock launcher.
  3. maronn

maronn New Member

Perfect! You da man! Thank you very much!!
  4. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

no prob man, you may start with just that but soon enough... it'll get you. lol
  5. maronn

maronn New Member

I hear ya. I am just starting with droid phones as of 2 weeks ago. I have done my share of windows mobile, and iphones. It has been a fun 2 weeks. The only thing I had to do, that I wasn't planning on, was run fix permissions from Bugless. Easy enough for sure. Thanks again!! Also a big thanks to Bugless! Thanks for the awesome Rom!
  6. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

yeah i had an iphone for a year, had the droid since dec.. still getting used to a couple things lol
  7. Neupy

Neupy New Member

I really like my invisible drawer button. I know where it is. I dont need a fancy button to remind me lol.
  8. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I leave the programming to the programming whiz's here on DF. I am using Tag Home and have the drawer button invisible through there by turning it 100% transparent. Like you said, I know where it is.

Now, if the O.P. would figure out a cool replacement for the drawer button, like a Pittsburgh Steelers logo, then I'd be interested!
  9. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

Wouldn't be hard to do... there's only 3 files to replace on the home screen, and 3 more in the app drawer
  10. Swerved

Swerved New Member

I did something similar yesterday with Ninjamorph and LauncherPro, I would imagine it would work for Tag Home. As the previous poster said, 6 files total and they're in the res/drawable_hdpi folder.

[​IMG]