1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I Want To Learn How To Make A Theme

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by bhughesiii, May 28, 2010.

1. bhughesiii

bhughesiii New Member

I tried searching the threads, but maybe my search was not good. I am a BB ROM user. There are not many themes that I really like. Most of them are too dark, or way too much blue.

Anyway, I would like to learn how to make my own theme for BB. But, I have no idea how to get started. I am looking for anyone on here willing to help get me started.

All help is greatly appreciated!
  2. bhughesiii

bhughesiii New Member

Ok so I made my first attempt and it did not work. Then I figured out a trick. I grabbed Pete's smoked glass theme since I already know it works on BB. Then I grabbed a theme from another forum that I liked and pulled the png files from it and put it into the BB theme. Also grabbed the themed apps from the one I like. Ok I put it all together and it installed great! everything looked good and was going great. Until I got a phone call and the phone.apk wanted to force close.. DOH! Good thing I backed up before I applied. So now I need to learn how to fix issues like that. I wish there was a way to test the theme before I put it on my phone.
  3. bhughesiii

bhughesiii New Member

Wow, ok all the themers out there and no one can offer any advice..
  4. baniels

baniels New Member

How are you applying the themes?

If you are dropping modified apk files into the system folders (with Root Explorer for instance), you need to make sure the files have the same permissions as the originals.

You might find more theming resources at xda-developers.
  5. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member Premium Member Developer