I want to learn how to create an app or hack

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Coming from a cool ROM (Chevy01 Simply Stunning) for my Droid 1, I was real spoiled with the ROM’s music button controls. I listen to MP3’s and talk radio all day at work via a Bluetooth speaker and/or headphones. The music controls I’m talking about let you use the camera button for pause/play and long press of volume buttons to go to next track or repeat track with the screen off. I want to learn how to create an app or mod a ROM file(s) to make this happen for my Droid 2 Global. Any suggestions on where to start?

Castro

Reaction score
Coming from a cool ROM (Chevy01 Simply Stunning) for my Droid 1, I was real spoiled with the ROM’s music button controls. I listen to MP3’s and talk radio all day at work via a Bluetooth speaker and/or headphones. The music controls I’m talking about let you use the camera button for pause/play and long press of volume buttons to go to next track or repeat track with the screen off. I want to learn how to create an app or mod a ROM file(s) to make this happen for my Droid 2 Global. Any suggestions on where to start?

I am 99% sure that in order to do that, you would need a custom boot.img. The d2g has a locked bootloader which impedes you from flashing a custom boot.img.