I want to get a droid!

Christian

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm 14 years old and I just really want a :motdroidhoriz: :motdroidvert: for Christmas, I was wondering how much it would be if I went to a Verizon store and I wanted to upgrade from my phone to the droid!:D :icon_ banana:
My Dad said "if you can get a good deal, I'll get you it for Christmas"

And if you think it would be worth it for me to get it.. So please let me know!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
well do you have an upgrade on your account? then it will cost $199... if not it will cost a lot more. also remember you are required to tag on a $30/month "unlimited" data plan. and you will probably want insurance, which will run $8 per month

Reaction score
Hey Christian,

I guess it depends on if you are able to upgrade at a discount. I was up for a new plan with verizon and I got the phone for $149.

The best way to find out is go to the store and see what they say or call verizon customer service.

What phone do you have now?

Good luck, you will love the phone.

OP
C

Christian

Reaction score
Last week a 15 year old. This week 14.:r_c:
Hahaha, I had an Ipod touch, but it got stolen:iphone::(. So now I want a droid!!:D :motdroidvert: :droideris::motdroidhoriz:

well do you have an upgrade on your account? then it will cost $199... if not it will cost a lot more. also remember you are required to tag on a $30/month "unlimited" data plan. and you will probably want insurance, which will run $8 per month
I'm not sure, how would I know if I do? Man, I hope I can get it for $199.. Is there any rebates currently going on"? Yeah, I currently have 1500 texts a month on my stupid flip phone. Insurance is a biggie.

OP
C

Christian

Reaction score
Hey Christian,

I guess it depends on if you are able to upgrade at a discount. I was up for a new plan with verizon and I got the phone for $149.

The best way to find out is go to the store and see what they say or call verizon customer service.

What phone do you have now?

Good luck, you will love the phone.

Yeah, I hope I can get it for that price, I'm sure my Dad will pay for some of it.. I'll pay for some aswell..

Okay cool, I'll hopefully go there today!:icon_ banana:

I just have a LG flip phone that I got for free..

Thank you very much!

OP
C

Christian

Reaction score
You don't have to get insurance but if you need to replace the phone it is about 400 I think

So in other words insurance is the way to go! Hahaha, does the insurance replace everything? Water, dropping, etc?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, I had an Ipod touch, but it got stolen:iphone::(. So now I want a droid!!:D :motdroidvert: :droideris::motdroidhoriz:

I'm not sure, how would I know if I do? Man, I hope I can get it for $199.. Is there any rebates currently going on"? Yeah, I currently have 1500 texts a month on my stupid flip phone. Insurance is a biggie.

i recommend the insurance, for sure... you will know if you have an upgrade if you go to the VZ store... bring your father (or whoever the acct. owner is), so that he can authorize a change in your account. also, if you yourself are not due for an upgrade, ask if anybody else on your account is eligible. and if that is not the case, try to push (or ask nicely) the customer rep, for a "lost or damaged" discount, which could get you the upgrade even if you're not eligible.

OP
C

Christian

Reaction score

i recommend the insurance, for sure... you will know if you have an upgrade if you go to the VZ store... bring your father (or whoever the acct. owner is), so that he can authorize a change in your account. also, if you yourself are not due for an upgrade, ask if anybody else on your account is eligible. and if that is not the case, try to push (or ask nicely) the customer rep, for a "lost or damaged" discount, which could get you the upgrade even if you're not eligible.

Oh yeah! Hahaha, I need it for sure..

Okay, thank you very much!!:) My Mom actually got her purse stolen a couple days ago, so I'm gonna give her my phone if I get the droid so that probably would go with the "lost or damaged" correct? So I could most likely get it for $149?

Thanks again!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
@christian: nothing is a guarantee, if you're not eligible for an upgrade... tell the manager your story, and you will likely be upgraded... nothing is 100% though... but you need to go to a VZ store... the best we can do here is speculate

OP
C

Christian

Reaction score
@christian: nothing is a guarantee, if you're not eligible for an upgrade... tell the manager your story, and you will likely be upgraded... nothing is 100% though... but you need to go to a VZ store... the best we can do here is speculate

That's true, man I hope I am..

Thank you all for the help! I'll let you guys know if I get it or not!:):motdroidhoriz::motdroidvert: