I want the Bionic More then Ever after Testing the D3!

JesterMX6

Reaction score
that's kind of my plan. if the bionic feels better than the d3 i'll go with the bionic. otherwise i'll get another D3. i gave mine to my fiance after using it for a bit over a day because i wanted to see what the bionic could deliver.

I may even wait a bit longer to see what samsung and HTC bring to the verizon network in terms of current spec phones.

COSam

Reaction score
I was considering the D3 until I experienced 4G speeds for the first time this weekend. My home Internet was out so my buddy set up mobile hotspot on his Thunderbolt at my apartment so I could download a movie. We tested the speed using speedtest and it came out faster than 12 Mb/s! That's like 10x as fast as my home DSL service (yes it really is that slow...).

JesterMX6

Reaction score
we don't have 4g in my area yet so its not a deciding factor. the landscape of that screen is what's luring me in.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Me too, but........

I have been looking all over and cannot find a definite answer to the question of Worldphone or CDMA only. I found posts saying both.

Does anyone have the real scoop on this?

Of course, I suppose it may not matter after the court ruling yesterday on the patent issues. :icon_evil:

COSam

Reaction score
we don't have 4g in my area yet so its not a deciding factor. the landscape of that screen is what's luring me in.

Awww I see you're from Lincoln. I just graduated from school in Seward, NE. I (obviously) didn't have 4G so I have been sitting on an upgrade in anticipation of moving to Denver before upgrading to a 4G phone.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I have been looking all over and cannot find a definite answer to the question of Worldphone or CDMA only. I found posts saying both.

Of course, I suppose it may not matter after the court ruling yesterday on the patent issues. :icon_evil:

D3 is world phone. Bionic is Cdma and LTE only.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

MdicnMan

Reaction score

I was afraid of that. After 20 months with the D1, I think I am done with the keyboard. I never use it. I really want GSM available though.

Thanks.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

I was afraid of that. After 20 months with the D1, I think I am done with the keyboard. I never use it. I really want GSM available though.

Thanks.

We would have to wait and see... I would like it to be a world phone also...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Maybe they'll have some next year. Right now they're having a hard enough time with CDMA and LTE. Throw in GSM and they'd really be having trouble.