I want something on my LG G3 that is on the iPhones..

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
Whoever had iphones previously will know that swiping down when in lock screen allows you to see all the notifications. Swiping up gives you a menu that shows the music player, Wifi button, etc.

I want all of that on my new LG G3 but I can't seem to get it. I can only get it when I don't have some sort of lock on it (pattern or pin, etc), but I want to be able to lock my phone AND see my notifications, wifi button, rotate button, etc.....

EDIT: Sorry. I'm very happy with the swipe down feature on my phone. I just want to be able to swipe down and access it when I'm in lock screen AND while I have a pattern lock enabled.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum @shadownet . Someone with iPhone experience should be along to help you out. Enjoy your new toy..

OP
S

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
Thanks, Jeffery. I'm thinking of switching to the S5 and paying a bit more for that phone on my contract.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The S5 is a great phone. I had the G3 and loved it. I don't know what the up charge would be, but I would check out the G4 as well.

OP
S

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
The S5 is a great phone. I had the G3 and loved it. I don't know what the up charge would be, but I would check out the G4 as well.

Gee I didn't know there was a G4...ahaha

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You might try searching the Play store for lock screen replacement apps. There are MANY on there and most offer all sorts of options similar to those that you've stated you'd like to have. I don't use any of them personally, but I'm certain there's something at least CLOSE to the functionality you're looking for.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The LG G4 is a great phone!

Here are some apps that might work as you want...if you have updated your G3 to Lollipop, you should be able to see all of your notifications (SMS, email, etc) if you want to have access to quick toggles, you can install Notification Toggle (first link below) and it will then show on your lockscreen...

The other 2 apps are just possible options, not sure if they will work as you need.

Notification Toggle - Android Apps on Google Play
Hi Locker - Your Lock Screen - Android Apps on Google Play
Control Panel - Smart Toggle - Android Apps on Google Play

OP
S

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
I also realized you have to have the LG PC Suite to transfer stuff between computer and phone That's a shame. IS there a way around this too?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I also realized you have to have the LG PC Suite to transfer stuff between computer and phone That's a shame. IS there a way around this too?
I've never used any programs from Samsung... LG.. or any others....

just plug into computer and find device on drive... drag and drop anything to and from PC

Tapped by NexusSix

OP
S

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
I've never used any programs from Samsung... LG.. or any others....

just plug into computer and find device on drive... drag and drop anything to and from PC

Tapped by NexusSix

Well I Tried that but apparently I have to install LG PC Suite (basically iTunes) to do so.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Well I Tried that but apparently I have to install LG PC Suite (basically iTunes) to do so.
hmmm.. I don't own G3 but with G2 I didn't install LG PC and picked option to see device files from Windows..

Tapped by NexusSix

OP
S

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
hmmm.. I don't own G3 but with G2 I didn't install LG PC and picked option to see device files from Windows..

Tapped by NexusSix

Could be they changed it for the G3. It's sort of convenient but I hate how I can't just drag and drop folders into my phone. I have to transfer the actual files from their folders into my phone and then sort them out on my phone. Kind of annoying.