I want my "master" (aka "global") volume button control back!!!!

TABA5CO

Reaction score
As you probably already figured out like I did (during a meeting at work, you only silenced the ringer, and then a text arrives and your phone screams out "DRRROOOOOOOIIIIIID!!!!", and your boss looks at you like "Really?" Awesome. Now you're "that guy"......FML) after the Kitkat update, the physical volume rocker is no longer a global volume control.

Any suggestions for an app that will allow the side rocker to control all volumes, evenly across their ranges, just as JB used to control? Not just "preset volume levels, or volume off".....

After 2 hours of Googling, I couldn't locate squat.....

david.french.52206

Reaction score
When you use your volume rockers tap the cog on the right and it will give you all volume options.

Sent from my S5 using Tapatalk

OP
T

TABA5CO

Reaction score
No cog appears when using the rocker from the home screen....

notbitter

Reaction score
I use "Shush!" It's a free app that, when you use it will silence your ringer and notifications (or set them to vibrate). It's a very light, simple app. When you move your rocker down to vibrate or silent, a dialog pops up that let's you choose to keep the volume and notifications off until you manually restore them, or to restore volume in a specific number of hours or minutes, in fifteen minute increments, in case you forget to do it yourself. I don't think that it silences the alarm clock, but I've never looked.

There are other apps that do the same, as well as a bunch of other apps that have more involved controls, but they are more than I need, so I haven't tried them.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
As you probably already figured out like I did (during a meeting at work, you only silenced the ringer, and then a text arrives and your phone screams out "DRRROOOOOOOIIIIIID!!!!", and your boss looks at you like "Really?" Awesome. Now you're "that guy"......FML) after the Kitkat update, the physical volume rocker is no longer a global volume control.

Any suggestions for an app that will allow the side rocker to control all volumes, evenly across their ranges, just as JB used to control? Not just "preset volume levels, or volume off".....

After 2 hours of Googling, I couldn't locate squat.....

I looked too, to no avail. Update is Great! Right? :blink: