I want a 2 second boot on the Droid!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kevdog, Sep 24, 2010.

1. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Yea I read on XDA about a 2 second boot time ROM. I really want this on the Moto Droid --- any developers with any input -- this would be awesome:icon_ banana:dancedroid
  2. BigZig

BigZig New Member

I know when I ran steel droid min. The boot time on that rom was very fast . I don't know if it was two seconds or not but was a very fast boot time
  3. plvaulter06

plvaulter06 New Member

I used to just hate HTC sence, but it looks like they have really done some pretty cool stuff with the desire HD software.
    I would be interested in a port of the rom also, but i doubt it will run well. With only half the RAM, the Droid struggles with Sense. And while having a 2 second boot up time is pretty cool, my phone boots up once a week at most, so i don't really value a fast boot up time very much.
  4. jacobydarkon

jacobydarkon New Member

Fast reboot

I'm not a developer, but I will say this much. I've used 4 different roms: UD7, BB v.4, CM6, and SS 4.7 (now 4.8). Simply Stunning is the fastest. Not 2 seconds, although there may be reasons for not booting that fast, but fast.
  5. bmx24

bmx24 New Member

theres a port now its called sense 2.2 booted on droid it is on this fourm just go to like the seckond to last page and you will find a dl link of o clockwork backup just restore to that and you will be good o and you also have to partition your sd but it is worth it and it doesint have a 2 seckond boot up time bu o well
  6. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

The whole point of this is the 2-3 second boot. Most don't care about sense, but the 2-3 second boot would be nice.

Sent from my Droid
  7. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Is this in English of jive?
  8. tameone

tameone New Member

I thought this 2 second boot wasn't a true boot, just like 'wake-up' from a sleep type mode.
  9. mjforte

mjforte Member

You are correct. It has a fast boot up because the phone is being put into a low power hibernation state, not completely powered off. if you were to pull the battery and turn on the phone the boot time would be as long as a regular boot up on the Droid
Search tags for this page

2nd boot recovery for droid