I used DMUpdated to root my 2.1...but dont have SPRecovery?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Mateenager, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Mateenager

Mateenager New Member

I used the DMUpdater last week or so to finally root my 2.1. And I understand it was known that it can brick phones and blah blah. But, I did NOT install the DroidMod rom on my phone that came with the DMUpdater.

I went through the process and rooted it, and I have the Superuser Permission in my app drawer.

The FIRST TIME I rebooted my phone in recovery mode, it looked like I had SPRecovery and I created a nandroid backup and all went well.

But NOW every time I try to go in recovery mode, it gives me that Triangle with an exclamation point, which to my knowledge is verizons own backup system?

So my question is, am I rooted or not? I'm trying to simply just overclock my phone right now, but want to make a nandroid backup before doing so, but my SPRecovery wont pop up anymore once I get into recovery mode.

Thanks an assload!!
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Find out if you have root first. Do you have the Superuser Permissions icon in your drawer (looks like a ninja)?

If yes, run an app that requires root permissions, ROM Manager will be a good one (free one from the market) since the next step I was going to suggest you use it as well. When you run ROM manager for the first time it should ask you for SU permissions. If you can allow it, you are rooted.

It is going to go on about flashing clockwork recovery if you don't have it installed and updated to the newest version. You can then install it by clicking on clockwork recovery, and using it, or scrolling to the bottom of ROM manager and installing Alternative Recovery (SPRecovery) if you prefer it.
  3. Mateenager

Mateenager New Member

Yeah the Superuser Permissions is in my drawer.

I used ROM Manager (it asked me for SU permissions, and I allowed it)

When I tried to reboot in recovery mode on the ROM manager as well, it gave me the triangle and exclamation point thing again...so that is why I'm mad confused!
  4. Mateenager

Mateenager New Member

WOW thanks I did that and got SPRecovery back!

Also, when trying to install a kernel, what does it mean (dumb question) to "install to the root of the sd card" ?
  5. Eschy

Eschy New Member

just place on /sdcard no folder