I upset the Apple Cult

Mojo

Reaction score
We discourage threads of this nature as it brings out flaming and arguements, however we respect free speech and opinions. Only reason we wouod step in is if people start insulting one another. Keep it civil and chat away :)

Viper323

Reaction score
I wrote another post asking what happend to free speach ect.. and asked.. did I upset the apple cult?

Free speech in a private forum?
You're more then welcome to walk outside your door and scream it from the top of your lungs however =)
EDIT: Sorry, I just read that and it kind of sounded like I was being an ass. Basically what I was getting at was that anything you say in a forum can be censored by moderators and that you're not really entitled to free speech

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This is a joke, right? Posted not 5 minutes ago? WTF?

icon13.gif
Giving up on droid; back to blackberry
After 20 days with my new droid, I have learned:
- Droid does not synch with corporate (outlook exchange) contacts Global Address List. Very cumbersome to send a corporate email. They refer you to an 'Corporate Directory' application that does not exist. There is an application you can buy (Nitro), but it did not work on my phone.

- There is no way to synch my personal Hotmail contacts with the droid. Note I use a stand-alone version of Outlook to maintain my email / contacts. I can move the contacts to a gmail account within Outlook, but there is no point, as they do not synch up with Gmail, and therefore don't go back and forth to the Droid. Once again, there is supposed to be a free utility to sync these, but it doesn't work on my Windows 7 PC.

- Can't get my Hotmail Calendar sync'd with the droid. (Even if I move it to the gmail account in Outlook. Google Calendar Sync could not work with Windows 7, even if I ran it in XP compatibility mode.

- Sound is terrible.
My droid to others phones: sometimes they hear me OK, sometimes not.
My droid to husband's droid: bad
My droid via a bluetooth: Unintelligible. Used to chat in the car (via built in bluetooth), now I wait until I get home.

Supposed to be a fix for that coming, but why take the chance?

-There are no keyboard shortcuts to dialing. I used to press 'H' for 'call my husband'. Now I unlock the keyboard, scroll around to the many shortcuts on my screen, press it and hope it works. Sometimes it doesn't - touchscreen is a bit off.

- Can't see my upcoming appointments & missed calls right on the main screen - have to go look for them. I am missing things.
I hate when life imitates life.

-Matt

Yourrid

Reaction score
Freedom of speech is when anyone can open their own forum.

Gadzooks!

Right, forums are like the homes of different relatives. The home may exist in a free country, but when you go in that house...:icon_eek:

the smiley clinched it aminaked.

Freedom of speech is hardly accepted any more. Type in "Peaceful Protest" and "Cops" into Google and see what you come up with. Not what the founding fathers had in mind... :r_c:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only reason we wouod step in is if people start insulting one another.

or for political discussions...

Right, forums are like the homes of different relatives. The home may exist in a free country, but when you go in that house...:icon_eek:

the smiley clinched it aminaked.

I know, when I was done writing the comment I was about to delete it but then I saw the face, added it, and funny was made.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
**CK gets on loudspeaker***

"Aminaked get back in line and keep moving!!! The fuhrer does not tolerate dissension in the forums!!!!!"

Sent from my Droid

deadernie

Reaction score
I love my Droid and my i-pod. However I'd use my i-pod a lot less of motorola knew how to build a phone with a good quality headphone jack. Too much snap, crackle, and pop. The i-pod however is crystal clear.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
**CK gets on loudspeaker***

"Aminaked get back in line and keep moving!!! The fuhrer does not tolerate dissension in the forums!!!!!"

Sent from my Droid

See, this forum's moderators have a sense of humor. They are benevolent dictators. Ahh...the perfect government...

oc noob

Reaction score
I am posting this reply from my iTouch!

That bastard Steve Jobs my think my 2nd gen iPod Touch is obsolete 8 months after I bought it (no full iOS4 support) but I still think it's pretty sweet.

Anyway, when my obsolete iPod doesn't, droid does. dancedroid

bigdog9586

Reaction score
I have a Apple Itouch. Nice little gismo until I got my Droid X.
I often went to the Itouch fourm to educate myself.
I posted on the fourm that I got a Droid X and the Itouch is now a paperweight and how cool the X was.
WELL, my post was closed!
I wrote another post asking what happend to free speach ect.. and asked.. did I upset the apple cult?
Those guys hove no sence of humor. dancedroid
Nick
You had your free speech, and the owner of the forum had his free speech. Yours just didn't win out.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have a Apple Itouch. Nice little gismo until I got my Droid X.
I often went to the Itouch fourm to educate myself.
I posted on the fourm that I got a Droid X and the Itouch is now a paperweight and how cool the X was.
WELL, my post was closed!
Those guys hove no sence of humor. dancedroid
Nick
You had your free speech, and the owner of the forum had his free speech. Yours just didn't win out.
Kinda sounds like the MMA (cage-match) theory of free speech. :painkiller:

-Matt

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think of it this way, they had no valid response to your post. As such they closed it lest others flocked to the dark side...

stargazin

Reaction score
I have the X and the Touch, and use them both for different purposes. The X for all it obvious awesome reasons and the Touch because it is a multimedia King compared to the, not so sure how to handle media, X. This is where the Android O/S falls short. For all it can do, and do well, it can't seem to do the media so well. Look at all the media players in the market places trying to fix the issue. The main thing is the media control from the headset. To have this control on my X while driving my routes, I would toss my Touch out the window!

Sorry so long!