1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I updated frg01b to frg22d using rom manager and I am stuck in a loop.

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by pego99, Nov 10, 2010.

1. pego99

pego99 New Member

The phone gets past the motorola logo and then oscillates between word droid and the droid eye and repeats this over and over and over. Anyone know how to fix this please.
  2. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer Theme Developer Developer

Rom manager has been causing that problem lately. Restart phone while holding down the x key to get into your recovery and reflash rom throught that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. buckmarble

Did you do a nandroid backup prior to flashing?

4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    You'll also want to wipe the data cache. The system cache might not need to be wiped, but you might have to anyway.
  5. pego99

pego99 New Member

Thanks all. Well I had a android backup and was able to get back to frg01b using the advanced restore doing each section separately boot data cache etc. But now I am afraid that there is a problem doing frg22d after frg01b. Now that I got back I am thankful for the power of rom manager but hesitant to try it again since insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
  6. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Unfortunately the "wipe between ROMs" rule applies even here.
  7. pego99

pego99 New Member

Isn't this what I just did. If I hold x and power etc won't I be back at the clockwork recovery again?
  8. buckmarble

Yes, go back to recovery, wipe data/cache. (I meantioned this before), then choose install zip from sd and flash the rom. It really doesn't take long to get your apps reinstalled, especially if you have wifi. And its all automated.

9. pego99

pego99 New Member

Hi, what do you mean it's all automated? All the apps will come back to the app tray? But I will have to remake all the screens? Seems like a lot of work just to get rid of the vz nag? If I am going to have to recreate all the screens shouldn't I go with a fancy rom with some wow factor? What do you think is the best stable rom with the best look?
  10. buckmarble

With any wipe and rom install, the apps will reinstall in the market as soon as you log into your google account. Your apps syncronize with your google acct automatically. I have run probly run a couple dozen different roms. I'm using chevyno1's ss4.9 right now and is currently my favorite. I use adw launcher with any rom I install as well because it is a lot smoother than the stock launcher. a couple of others that I really liked are elite v2, charity v10, and shadow rom. These are all what they call built from source roms. Which means it is the most recent code available and newer than frg22. I have found them to run faster and smoother than frg22 roms. If I were to suggest one to you it would be ss4.9. Do some looking around at them and pick one that looks like it has some options and features you like. All of the newest roms won't have the annoying update reminder come up as they are newer builds than frg22 and frg01. As for looks, there are numerous themes available for most of the popular roms.