I thought I'd see more themes for themes for D2 and DX

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by bossofindy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. bossofindy

bossofindy New Member

I upgraded from a D1 to D2, my D1 was rooted and oc'd. I was addicted to changing roms and trying different kernals. I read all the stories about efuse and locked bootloader before I upgraded but I had faith in the devs and guys like Koush and Peter. However im dissappointed in the support for the D2 I thought I would be flooded with roms and themes since we have root and recovery thanks to Koush. Considering the ram and processor of the D2 I expected more. I've tried black glass theme, epic 2.5, but what about CM, BB, Team Chaos, and Chevy, what are y'all doing for D2 and DX? I love this forum I check it constantly and have learned a lot, am I asking for too much?
  2. randyb69

randyb69 New Member

I am starting to think the same thing. I would spend hours a day trying new roms/themes but have found myself getting bored with the D2

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Patience is a virtue here...

Cvpcs, the maker of sapphire, currently has a port of sapphire to the x called obsidian, which coming along nicely. After that, he plans on a build of sapphire for the droid 2. What's good about this is that all themes currently for sapphire and ruby will work for obsidian and tanzanite (sapphire for the droid 2). So, right as soon as it hits, you will have plenty of themes at your fingertips.

Developing for these phones is extremely difficult. It takes a lot more time to get something like this going.

Sent from my Droid
  4. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

I merged my 2 favorites :)

TheBowers BlackNBold and 928droids BGX 2.3
    The bowers is currently working on his to release for the DX.
    Both of them do really great work. I am partial to BlackNBold's chrome look but also how all the extras BGX has as well.

I then edited up a few widgets myself to match

On a side note I seen ChevyNo1 tweet that his SSX will be dropping anytime looking forward to that and Buglas beast hopefully will come out within the next month or so I know Pete has an X so its just a matter of time :)

These first widgets I just moved from BNB over BGX2.3
    Pandora.apk
    twitter.apk
    facebook.apk
    geniewidget.apk
    youtube.apk
    those were all easy to put in over 928's BGX theme

EDIT: im still messing with it managed to get a few other apk's ported
    quicksearchbox.apk [currently using my Disney edited one]
    audiowidget.apk [blackNbold background from settings]
    Internal memory widget [transparent by me]
    Sdcard widget [transparent by me]
    Miniinfo widget [transparent by me]
    Jorte calendar widget [stock]
    Settings.apk [blackNbold background from settings]
    Music.apk [blackNbold background from pandora]
    LauncherPro [blackNbold dock background]
    switchpro.apk [blackNbold background file from settings]This is version 1.9.2 with up to 8 configurable buttons. I set mine to 5 just to be uniform with settings right above it
    Tunewiki.apk [blackNbold background file from pandora]
    Myspace.apk [BlackNBold background from Pandora and buttons from facebook seems to have sized correctly wish I could figure out how to invert it like facebook and twitter but this will do for now]

using your icons from BNB

Having trouble trying to port your gallery's picture frame only but not having any luck. I'll keep messing with it and see what happens

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854.[​IMG]
    Before
    After
    Before
    After
    Before
    after
    This one still needs work but for a first try I put the white in just about the right spot. I'll edit the right side a bit more and chop a few pixels along the bottom of the white and it should work perfectly. Then to figure out how to edit it on the non-widescreen view.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010