I think vlingo in car might be my problem?

mpovolo

Reaction score
So over the weekend, I almost decided to depart from my droid pro after having it only for 4 days. But then figured perhaps there is an easy solution. What I found was when I had my bluetooth headset on, things just got really slow and painful. Pressing the home button would freeze, swiping across screens would take several attempts. Even looking up a contact would take 30 seconds. Funny thing was I never noticed this previously when I was not with my headset. Looks like vlingo in car might be a resource hog. Anyone have any thoughts to fix this or noticed similar things.

thanks

StingRay

Reaction score
Yes...vlingo totally screwed up my Pro...slowed things to a crawl...locked some things up...caused the thing to really act screwy...

couldn't get vlingo off my phone fast enough....

kjjb0204

Reaction score
vlingo works great on my pro. It's one of the first apps I install after I do a full wipe and has never given me any lag or freezing issues.

OP
M

mpovolo

Reaction score
vlingo works great on my pro. It's one of the first apps I install after I do a full wipe and has never given me any lag or freezing issues.

Vlingo on its own or vlingo in car. Vlingo on its own also works fine for me. I think Vlingo in car kills it though.

OP
M

mpovolo

Reaction score
I think I figured out the problem, live wallpaper. Once I went with a standard wallpaper, seems to have made it faster

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never used live wallpapers. Besides contributing to poor battery life, I just don't like them. Maybe I'll give incar a shot. I am in the car at least 2-3 hours per day while working.

OP
M

mpovolo

Reaction score
In car is really nice. Only issue is you need to turn on the screen first, unlock it, then have the app on the foreground.