I think this is the update we are waiting for.

stangergt2000

Reaction score
Folks I am not sure but this is an image of a coworkers phone this morning. I am guessing that it is the update, but for some reason everybody else that I know that has this phone including myself can not get it when checking for updates. Has anybody else seen this? This is my first post here, so be gentle. LOL!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Kboss375

Reaction score
Did they just get the phone? It may be that pesky MR1 update that went out and causes the reboots

OP
S

stangergt2000

Reaction score
He has had the phone for about 2 months. I am wondering if it part of the soak test I have been hearing about.

DrewB

Reaction score
Nope not what we are looking for lol way to small

johnd09

Reaction score
Not big enough, mr1 was that size.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
* waves hand *

This isn't the update you're looking for.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Folks I am not sure but this is an image of a coworkers phone this morning. I am guessing that it is the update, but for some reason everybody else that I know that has this phone including myself can not get it when checking for updates. Has anybody else seen this? This is my first post here, so be gentle. LOL!

No, thats the update from last month that broke eveything

OP
S

stangergt2000

Reaction score
Well that does make sense since the GB update on my DX was 111 MB. I didn't think about that. :icon_eek:

Divotman

Reaction score
I was on my way back to work from lunch about 30 minutes ago and got a call from a Tech Supervisor at VZW. I talked to TS yesterday and afterwords gave the TB a pretty bad review so I got a follow up call today.
He said the information he has regarding the update is mid-July, no clue on anything more specific and no clue what is included in the update.
He said he had done some reading and possible cause for the power cycling issue is My Verizon. Maybe for some but it's not on my phone.
I also received an e-mail from HTC that the issue is being addressed and they have no exact timeframe for the fix. In the meantime they say to run the device in safe mode until the fix comes.
So I suppose now we wait for "mid-July"...

OP
S

stangergt2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Divot. I guess June 30th and mud July are all the same to them. Lol!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the point that someone on this forum made that there will necessarily be an update on July 6 to remove the free mobile hotspot; they may roll some additional things into that.

jogutier

Reaction score
I was on my way back to work from lunch about 30 minutes ago and got a call from a Tech Supervisor at VZW. I talked to TS yesterday and afterwords gave the TB a pretty bad review so I got a follow up call today.
He said the information he has regarding the update is mid-July, no clue on anything more specific and no clue what is included in the update.
He said he had done some reading and possible cause for the power cycling issue is My Verizon. Maybe for some but it's not on my phone.
I also received an e-mail from HTC that the issue is being addressed and they have no exact timeframe for the fix. In the meantime they say to run the device in safe mode until the fix comes.
So I suppose now we wait for "mid-July"...

Been there and done that. Safe mode didn't help nothing.