I think this is my biggest frustration

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is not ROM specific because it's happened on probably everyone I've tried.

Here's the scenario:
I'm either at work or somewhere not near a computer. I get an email or have to create one and spend some time typing up a thought out and sometimes lengthy email. Then when i'm happy with it, hit the send button. (BTW, this is Gmail)

However, it gets hung up on "Sending...." and never sends. I can't open up the draft to copy and try again. It's not all the time but always very inconvenient. I've read that going to the gmail app and clearing cache and data can fix it, and it usually does, but it's a pain, time consuming, and I've still wasted the time.

Anyone have this issue? Like I said it's not often but don't know why it's an issue to begin with.

Thanks for reading.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
This is not ROM specific because it's happened on probably everyone I've tried.

Here's the scenario:
I'm either at work or somewhere not near a computer. I get an email or have to create one and spend some time typing up a thought out and sometimes lengthy email. Then when i'm happy with it, hit the send button. (BTW, this is Gmail)

However, it gets hung up on "Sending...." and never sends. I can't open up the draft to copy and try again. It's not all the time but always very inconvenient. I've read that going to the gmail app and clearing cache and data can fix it, and it usually does, but it's a pain, time consuming, and I've still wasted the time.

Anyone have this issue? Like I said it's not often but don't know why it's an issue to begin with.

Thanks for reading.

I haven't had this problem yet with my Droid, but it's pretty much the same issue that's hit me over time on any number of PC mail applications, from Outlook to Yahoo to Hotmail. The best workaround I came up with for all of them was to always compose an email in a text editor (notepad, etc.) and then copy/paste it into the empty mail right before sending. 99% of the time it's unnecessary, but it saves a lot of retyping for that obnoxious 1%.

rooster.droid

Reaction score
I had this issue twice. Cleared the cache under settings/applications/gmail and have not had an issue since. That was 2 months ago.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hit me once before. Cleared data and cache and hasn't happened again.

Remember these types of things will happen and its just a part of owning these devices.

Sent from my Droid

InfernoX51

Reaction score
This happened to me the other night. After 20 minutes of me fumbling around with stuff, I just deleted the message while it was in the outbox planning on retyping it. The message had already been sent though, somehow....cause I had a reply when I went back to my inbox folder. No clue hahaha. Do you have new gmail or old gmail app?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
The one that came with my current ROM.