i think the airport x-ray scanner wiped my microsd card

evilkokonut

Reaction score
After flying home for christmas, I noticed that all the contents of my microsd card were missing. Must be a freak occurance, because I flew during thanksgiving without problems. I also flew to my parents house for Christmas and didn't have any problems. The airports were the same for both trips. I noticed the calender settings for my pure calender widget were erased, but I didn't notice until today when I tried to access my music. I ran my card through getdataback and it didn't find any files. I didn't lose anything I care too much about, except for a few pictures. I will now backup my files before flying from now on just in case.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Be on over 200 flights in the last 3 years, Never seen that happen....

Spartan

Reaction score
Yeah, agree that is not likely. I too fly quite a bit for business and have never had an issue with an sd card.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's strange ive been on countless flights and have never had this happen. Are you sure you might not have exchanged it somehow?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a professional pilot and have taken many types of gear thru x-ray and other types of scanners, including the new full body scanner, and nothing has ever happened to non volitile data storage.

Something else occurred.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm a professional pilot and have taken many types of gear thru x-ray and other types of scanners, including the new full body scanner, and nothing has ever happened to non volitile data storage.

Something else occurred.

Might of been the Gremlins.....

thelion

Reaction score
The X-rays did not clear your data. It does not work like that. Something else happened. Most likely it was just a coincidence that you happened to fly.

Berzerker

Reaction score
X-Rays don't affect magnets, so it couldn't have wiped your SDCard.

thelion

Reaction score
Blame Canada...

What did we do, eh? lol

Its because you have beatty little eyesand your heads are full of lies (haha, classic South Park song). But on a serious note, did you do you anything else out of the normal at the airport? Did you flight go over the Bermuda Triangle?

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Oh holy hell. Did you just say that? Beatty?

I think the word you were looking for is "beady" little eyes. Nice eggcorn, though.