I think my phone maybe messed up HELP

Reaction score
Ok well I have been trying different roms to see what I like. Well I went to go try a new one this after noon and went I did the same steps as always. I wipe everything then goto rom manager and click install from sd. Well it asks me to wipe everything again and to make a backup if I want. Well after that the phone will try to load the new rom but then the recovery screen comes up with blue letters. Maybe its cause the rom Im currently running. Which is gingervitis. Well anyways it says error make sure Im running the newest rom manager and what not. Well it worked fine this morning when I tried this rom but now it dont. Then on top of that everytime I start the phone it loads then when I unlock it the phone says sorry, The Applicaton Talk (process com.google.android.talk) has stopped unexpectly please try again. What does this mean? Thanks guys need help asap

gary73

Reaction score
Never use rom manager use recovery to install.to many things go wrong

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
B
Reaction score
Ok I will use recovery from now on. Also anyone know what The Applicaton Talk (process com.google.android.talk) has stopped unexpectly please try again means? It does it everytime I restart the phone.

neoterixx64

Reaction score
I also noticed that my phone no longer leads roms or backups from clockwork. The phone always boots into recovery and from there I can reinstall the ROM but not backups I made previously of certain roms. I get stuck at HTC white screen. I think It's a bug with new clockwork mod.

Also camera and gtalk won't work. You need to find camera.zip. seems to be a bug with gb roms

xashaffer

Reaction score
I'm running Liquid Gingerbread but and within the last few days the camera has stopped working and I'm also getting Google Talk FCing like you are. It hadn't done either of those for me till yesterday so its kinda suspicious that they are happening at the same time with different roms. Anyways is there a way I can fix the camera issue?

RevosFTS

Reaction score
Try to fix permissions its about 50/50 that will fix your force close. Otherwise I would wipe and reflash the rom

Sent from my Thunderbolt running ShiftAO5P...

Doulandroid

Reaction score
I also noticed that my phone no longer leads roms or backups from clockwork. The phone always boots into recovery and from there I can reinstall the ROM but not backups I made previously of certain roms. I get stuck at HTC white screen. I think It's a bug with new clockwork mod.

Also camera and gtalk won't work. You need to find camera.zip. seems to be a bug with gb roms

You have to install the latest clockwork recovery, not just the latest rom manager app. Should fix backup problems.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
I'm running Liquid Gingerbread but and within the last few days the camera has stopped working and I'm also getting Google Talk FCing like you are. It hadn't done either of those for me till yesterday so its kinda suspicious that they are happening at the same time with different roms. Anyways is there a way I can fix the camera issue?

Try wiping cache in your market/talk/camera etc.. from manage apps in settings. Also fix permissions in toolbox or rom manager. Hope this helps.