I Think my MicroSD Card Slot is Dead in my Z Force!

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
A couple weeks ago my 128GB PNY Card said it was Corrupted and No matter how many times i Formatted it is was no longer usable in my Z Force or Any Device. I replaced my Corrupted Card with 128GB Sandisk and in about a week now it doesnt show up anymore. It says SD Card Missing. I took out the Card put it back in and nothing. I have Formatted my Cards as Internal Memory and understood they could not work in other Devices by simply taking them out. I fear my Z Force killed both Cards. IS there a Utility that anyone knows of that i can use to reformat these cards? Has anyone else had similar issues?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not sure of a special Utility, other than the normal Windows format tools, or formatting it while in your phone. Maybe someone else has some other options on that topic.

I have not had any issues with the SD Card in my Z Force or the one in my wife's Z Play.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
the problem is if you format the card as internal memory it is not readable by PC I was not even able to see it. I have to Take it to Verizon later. I put a 4GB i know works and it wasnt detected by me phone. i think the SD Card Slot is toast.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well that's a bummer. Hope that can help you out.

I have both of ours formatted as External Storage and have not had any issues yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Went to Verizon last Night and the Agent told me that the Apps (Showbox, uTorrent) I had killed my Cards o_O. I've been using these forever. They use there App to say well you are using Apps from Unknown Sources. Personally I feel that answer is a bogus answer. I am getting my Replacement from PNY today and will uninstall both those Apps to Appease the VZW Gurus :confused: and see if it happens again. Has anyone else heard of this being a Potential Problem?

R

RETG

One reason why I don't go into a Verizon store to ask questions, the total IQ of all the agents added together is lower than a blade of grass.
I would have have asked him/her how either of these apps could destroy a SD card; and then waited for the BS to fly.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One reason why I don't go into a Verizon store to ask questions, the total IQ of all the agents added together is lower than a blade of grass.
I would have have asked him/her how either of these apps could destroy a SD card; and then waited for the BS to fly.

There answer is well the Verizon app Flagged them and since those apps are Granted Access to the Card, Blah blah blah. My PNY lasted Since i bought the Phone till i replaced it with the Sandisk which Failed after 10 Days.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
My 32gb SanDisk card also failed in short period of time. Have never had a SanDisk card before and never had a failure.

Don't listen to Verizon, those apps have nothing to do with card failure. It's either your cards are bad or the SD card port corrupts storage, hopefully it's the former.

Another thing to try with different card, don't use it as internal storage. Just keep it as regular external storage and see if problem reappears.