I think my incredible is special, like short bus special...

secgeek

Reaction score
This thing is almost on its 2nd full charge today from 8am this morning... I unplugged it the last time from my computer at 5:15pm EST before I left the office... For some reason it believes that the last time it was plugged in was 38minutes ago???? Could this be why the battery doesn't last more than about 5 hours???? Faulty phone maybe??? Some people claim they get like 10 hours out of this battery.... My Droid on the right came off the charger at the same time as the incredible did this morning.. Yet it is still going strong... I actually made 2 calls on the droid none on the incredible...

The only extra steps I took on the incredible today, hardly scientific but worth mentioning..

Hit Gizmodo 3 times (didn't go past page 1)
Downloaded and installed 6 apps
configured FB, Twitter and 3 e-mail accounts..

4566440375_1024c43e29_b.jpg

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Both Cell Standby's are similar, so is the Phone Idle. What in the world is going on with your Incredible? I'm thinking its the Sense UI. Android System and Display is the biggest difference between the 2.

Battery has a break in period?

OP
S

secgeek

Reaction score
Both Cell Standby's are similar, so is the Phone Idle. What in the world is going on with your Incredible? I'm thinking its the Sense UI. Android System is the biggest difference between the 2.

That doesn't justify the battery life... Look at how much display the droid is sucking... It's been off the charger since 8am this morning and going strong....

Sensui in terms of connectivity has facebook, flickr, twitter syncing... I turned all 3 off as I don't use them.. So in Idle these 2 are pretty much doing the exact same network functions.. The display on the incredible uses way less battery than the Droid.... The thing that makes me think that mine might be special is the time from unplugged... Some people have stated they get 8-10 hours... I'm barely getting 5...

jasonb

Reaction score
I'm getting great battery life out of mine. It actually seems better than my rooted and overclocked Droid.

Hey_Man

Reaction score
Love the phone but!

Love the phone but! Battery life is good if I just use it as a phone or to check emails (without viewing attachments) but as soon as I use it to watch you tube or any thing else the battery life goes way down. I took a fully charged phone and used it for two hours for email, videos and phone and the battery went from 100% to about 50%. I hope they will come out with an extended life battery and cover.

Droids

Reaction score
This thing is almost on its 2nd full charge today from 8am this morning... I unplugged it the last time from my computer at 5:15pm EST before I left the office... For some reason it believes that the last time it was plugged in was 38minutes ago???? Could this be why the battery doesn't last more than about 5 hours???? Faulty phone maybe??? Some people claim they get like 10 hours out of this battery.... My Droid on the right came off the charger at the same time as the incredible did this morning.. Yet it is still going strong... I actually made 2 calls on the droid none on the incredible...

The only extra steps I took on the incredible today, hardly scientific but worth mentioning..

Hit Gizmodo 3 times (didn't go past page 1)
Downloaded and installed 6 apps
configured FB, Twitter and 3 e-mail accounts..

4566440375_1024c43e29_b.jpg
On a positive note, I love the blue theme going on there. Seriously, I think I need that color scheme on my Droid.

Maybe try conditioning the battery over the next couple of days. Full charge/Full discharge cycles a couple of times.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
But do try what Droids said. After seeing what you have to do that with extended batteries, we all might as well start doing that with the battery that comes with the phone.

Yea I like that blue too, the icons look nice too.

essadv

Reaction score
Both Cell Standby's are similar, so is the Phone Idle. What in the world is going on with your Incredible? I'm thinking its the Sense UI. Android System is the biggest difference between the 2.

That doesn't justify the battery life... Look at how much display the droid is sucking... It's been off the charger since 8am this morning and going strong....

Sensui in terms of connectivity has facebook, flickr, twitter syncing... I turned all 3 off as I don't use them.. So in Idle these 2 are pretty much doing the exact same network functions.. The display on the incredible uses way less battery than the Droid.... The thing that makes me think that mine might be special is the time from unplugged... Some people have stated they get 8-10 hours... I'm barely getting 5...
how do you turn off syncing for facebook, twitter, flicker

ctxx24

Reaction score
Mine is going great got 27 hours out of my first charge..put the power widget on and only turn on the gps when needed maby thats taking alot of power..

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
my battery went from 100% to 98% less than a minute of taking it off the charger.. i have GPS on and i think i had Wifi on..

however yesterday i pretty much got a full days worth of battery.. made some calls and did a lot of texting.

kenny1244

Reaction score
Mine is going great got 27 hours out of my first charge..put the power widget on and only turn on the gps when needed maby thats taking alot of power..

what's the "power widget"? and since GPS and Wi-Fi seem to be such battery killers, when would be the right time to use them?

sorry for asking such a silly question; i'm upgraded from a BB Curve that had neither.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geeze, this is another battery thread! Guys and gals touch screen smart phones are battery hogs. Blackberry Storm 1 and 2 were. Droid is. And I expect the Incredible is as well.

You can turn off blue tooth, wifi, and GPS but keep in mind that it's only when the phone uses these functions that it's actually sucking down juice.

And I know you're claiming limited use but come on, these are brand new phones. You gotta be playing with them a little bit. ;)