1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I think my Droid is watching me...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cloud12077, Sep 27, 2010.

1. cloud12077

cloud12077 Member

So here is my story. I drink alot of water and hense have to goto the bathroom frequently. I always put my phone on the charger at night (since it is ALWAYS dead) and normally I get up 2-3 times at night to goto the bathroom. ANYWAY...

I have been noticing that it seems when ever I get up to goto the bathroom my droid is lit up. I'll come back to bed and hit the power button to turn the screen off again. And sure enough, when I get up to go again it is lit up.

So I decided that I would wait awhile to goto sleep to make sure that it doesn't turn on right away after I turn the screen off. Nope it stays off.

So my question is..does anyone else have this strange feeling their droid is watching them? Or better yet how can I get it to stop?
  2. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

I guess you don't know. DroidNet has become self aware as of 11/29/09. The phone although seemingly harmless is actually a part of a hive mind that comprises DriodNet. So please treat your Droid as you would treat your child. Otherwise next time you use the GPS while driving you may just go off a cliff....
  3. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

The droid sees all
  4. dast

dast New Member

Weird...

If you have the ability, you should dump the list of applications you've got installed. I really would not be surprised to hear that there is android spyware out there that would do something nuts like that.
  5. harrellj

harrellj New Member

Rather than anything paranoid, I'd bet that you have an app that is waking up the phone to synchronize/update itself.
  6. upsjopop

upsjopop New Member

2-3 times...

I think going to the bathroom that many times might be the bigger issue. :)
  7. liam.

liam. New Member

Are you turning the lights on and off? The new 2.2 os has an automatic backlight setting. When its in the dock if you turn the light off you'll notice the soft keys light up and then turn the lights on, they shut off. That may be what's going on, if not your droid is part of an army of cyborgs that are planning on killing the human race. Be prepared for a large naked austrian to appear riding a harley

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. dast

dast New Member

Thinking about this some more, it may not be the droid waking up when you do--it may be you waking up when the droid does. That is to say, the light from the droid periodically coming on and going online to to sync something legit is just enough to wake you up especially when you are already half awake from needing to use the bathroom.

It make look like a conspiracy that everytime you wake you find your droid is awake, but it very well may be that you are naturally more likely to wake up when the droid lights up.

I seem to remember reading something, somewhere like slashdot about the light from electronics at night making people sleep poorly.
  9. cloud12077

cloud12077 Member

I'm a pretty hard sleeper and light doesn't generally effect me.

Also no I don't turn the light on when I get up. I have a night light in the hallway so that I don't step on things, but that is all the light that is on.

I may try uninstalling my apps and such to see if that changes anything.
  10. dast

dast New Member

What’s really gonna freak me out is when it still lights up after I take the battery out. O_O
  11. Droids

Droids New Member

Did you install that voyeur cam app I saw on the market? I passed on it but...

Could be that it spends the night uploading everything you did during the day to update the the skynet servers at night. They're interested in folks with nocturia for some reason. You just *think* the screen is off all night except when you get up.
  12. Arkainzeye

Arkainzeye New Member

its like the Matrix
  13. steveninspokane

steveninspokane New Member

I don't know about you, but when my Droid boots up there is this red eye staring directly at me.
  14. Droideye

Droideye New Member

Haha, agreed. Maybe you should have your prostate checked...:unsure:
  15. YBFM

YBFM New Member

Is there an app for that????
    :icon_eek:
  16. cloud12077

cloud12077 Member

I would hope not...lol
  17. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

Obviously your DROID is a Decepticon. Don't feel bad, you had a 50/50 chance.
    On a more serious note, my wife thinks her ALLY knows when she is close by, because when she walks passed it, the LED lights up pink.
  18. LilJayV10

LilJayV10 New Member

I think this is how the robots started to take over the world in Terminator.
  19. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

I think everyone is missing the big picture here. You say you wake up 2 or 3 times a night to go to the bathroom. Well I have seen the commercial a thousand times, you may be having prostate problems........just sayin.

sorry I can't fall asleep and I have become super slap happy and I tend to say things that are either irrational or really weird.
  20. CaptainTragedy

CaptainTragedy New Member

I have two chargers (had to get a refurb after my phone was stolen, so they sent another charger) and one works a lot better than the other. That is to say, my old charger doesn't connect well with my phone; I have to always make sure it is sitting at a particular angle just to ensure it's charging.

So with that being said, the display is constantly turning on and off as the connection "breaks" and is then regained. But it's probably just an app synching, like others have said, in your case.

On a less serious note, everytime I hear the Verizon "DROID" on television, my ears immediately perk up, as if I'm about to receive some piece of vital information.
Search tags for this page
are people watching me on my phone
can someone watch me threw my android phone
i think someone is watching my phone
is my android phone watching me
is my phone camera watching me

is my phone watching me

is my phone watching me?
is my smart phone watching me
is someone watching me on my phone
is someone watching me through my phone
is someone watching my phone