I think my Droid is watching me...

cloud12077

Reaction score
So here is my story. I drink alot of water and hense have to goto the bathroom frequently. I always put my phone on the charger at night (since it is ALWAYS dead) and normally I get up 2-3 times at night to goto the bathroom. ANYWAY...

I have been noticing that it seems when ever I get up to goto the bathroom my droid is lit up. I'll come back to bed and hit the power button to turn the screen off again. And sure enough, when I get up to go again it is lit up.

So I decided that I would wait awhile to goto sleep to make sure that it doesn't turn on right away after I turn the screen off. Nope it stays off.

So my question is..does anyone else have this strange feeling their droid is watching them? Or better yet how can I get it to stop?

Darkseider

Reaction score
I guess you don't know. DroidNet has become self aware as of 11/29/09. The phone although seemingly harmless is actually a part of a hive mind that comprises DriodNet. So please treat your Droid as you would treat your child. Otherwise next time you use the GPS while driving you may just go off a cliff....

dast

Reaction score
Weird...

If you have the ability, you should dump the list of applications you've got installed. I really would not be surprised to hear that there is android spyware out there that would do something nuts like that.

harrellj

Reaction score
Rather than anything paranoid, I'd bet that you have an app that is waking up the phone to synchronize/update itself.

upsjopop

Reaction score
2-3 times...

I think going to the bathroom that many times might be the bigger issue. :)

liam.

Reaction score
Are you turning the lights on and off? The new 2.2 os has an automatic backlight setting. When its in the dock if you turn the light off you'll notice the soft keys light up and then turn the lights on, they shut off. That may be what's going on, if not your droid is part of an army of cyborgs that are planning on killing the human race. Be prepared for a large naked austrian to appear riding a harley

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dast

Reaction score
Thinking about this some more, it may not be the droid waking up when you do--it may be you waking up when the droid does. That is to say, the light from the droid periodically coming on and going online to to sync something legit is just enough to wake you up especially when you are already half awake from needing to use the bathroom.

It make look like a conspiracy that everytime you wake you find your droid is awake, but it very well may be that you are naturally more likely to wake up when the droid lights up.

I seem to remember reading something, somewhere like slashdot about the light from electronics at night making people sleep poorly.

OP
C

cloud12077

Reaction score
I'm a pretty hard sleeper and light doesn't generally effect me.

Also no I don't turn the light on when I get up. I have a night light in the hallway so that I don't step on things, but that is all the light that is on.

I may try uninstalling my apps and such to see if that changes anything.

dast

Reaction score
What’s really gonna freak me out is when it still lights up after I take the battery out. O_O

Droids

Reaction score
Did you install that voyeur cam app I saw on the market? I passed on it but...

Could be that it spends the night uploading everything you did during the day to update the the skynet servers at night. They're interested in folks with nocturia for some reason. You just *think* the screen is off all night except when you get up.

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but when my Droid boots up there is this red eye staring directly at me.