I think I've got a BIG problem..

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by bazar6, Sep 1, 2010.

1. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Booting up is doing loops on the new splash screen. I just installed med-V1.0Ghz from Chevy, which worked fine with FRG22D, then I just installed SS 4.7, and I believe it installed it's own Kernal on top of the 1.0 I just did. Either way, now the new splash screen from 4.7 keeps repeating itself. Did I miss a step?

I installed the kernal (by renaming it to update.zip and installed chose install from sdcard/update.zip). Rebooted, and the phone worked fine.

Deleted the file from the card, upload SS 4.7notheme, renamed it update.zip, and chose to install from sdcard/update.zip, successful, rebooted, and now stuck on a repeating splash screen. Just took the battery out because it started to get a little hot..

Any suggestions on what to do now? Please? and Thank You!!

2. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I just realized I didn't make a backup... Would I be able to just uninstall the SS4.7 to go back to stock? If so, how can I go about doing this? after I get back to somewhat stock (I want to keep the Kernal and root), I will then figure out how to do the ROM's properly.. Right now I just want to get my phone back in to the ON state. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried reflashing the kernel? Try a few different kernels first, then worry about reinstalling.

4. wricks

wricks Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A new ROM may take several mins to boot as it makes a lot of changes. How long did you let it go before you pulled the plug? I'd reinstall the battery and power it on. Might take as long as 3 or 4 min to load.

If that fails, boot into recovery, wipe data and cache and reinstall Chevy's ROM (update.zip). I assume you're using SPRecovery and not Cockwork.

5. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Could be more like 5-10 min on 1st boot

6. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I pulled the battery the first time after it wouldn't go. Booted in SPRecovery (Patched by SirPsychoS (0.99.3b) from Root Regardless of OS), reinstalled SS 4.7, rebooted from SPRecovery, and it's still going on the splash screen (abotu 20 minutes now), but has not gone to the M logo, so I though it was alright, until I saw this post

I'm going to try doing what Coolsaber said about flashing the kernal again, maybe try a medV1.0 instead of the lowV1.0 that came with the ROM.

Thanks y'all, I'll post on here in a few mins on what the deal is after I try that.

7. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Will this do any damage to my phone with everything that I have on it? Because I didn't make a backup before I tried it. And could it also be that I'm on FRG22D?

8. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    SS 4.7 has a 1.0Ghz kernel in it already, wipe data, wipe cache and install 4.7 and let it boot up...if you want a faster kernel later, make a backup and then flash a faster kernel

9. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Damage? No, but you will not have your apps/accounts/settings, you'll have to redo them. You are basically starting from scratch.

Or use RSTapps if you used BKapps before updating (which it doesn't sound like you did).

10. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Nope, I wasn't too smart with not making a backup. I thought I had to install one of the roms to have the backup option. Didn't see until the second reboot that it was inside Sprecovery. Would I be able to load an update.zip of FRG01B (Or whatever it was before FRG22D) and then do it from there, without having to "Start from scratch." I can build my phone up again to the way I had before the root, but I want to try to avoid that at all costs, because I have WaveSecure for free (got it in Beta), and would really like to keep it that way. But if there's no other choice then I can get over it.

11. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I understand you correctly, you're asking if you can install a non-rooted ROM without wiping your data? I guess it's possible, but my guess is that it wouldn't work.

Again, I'd try flashing the kernel first (just the kernel, medium voltage) and see if that fixes your problem.

12. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    copy the wavesecure app to your sdcard, then reboot recovery, wipe Data/Cache x2, and install any Rom you like.

Search tags for this page

droid 4 keeps repeating every thing i type