I think it's time we seriously consider banding together for a class action lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MiDrOIdDOES

SO apparently the update is going to be ANOTHER 30-60 days away...I realize that alot of people don't see eye to eye on the issues with this great but flawed phone.

I think it's time we look at this objectively. First, a phone that is released and consistently has data loss does not perform according to ANY PHONES EXPECTED CAPABILITIES. Phones are meant to have a data connection (when in an area with service), therefore any phone with issues connecting to data would be considered DEFECTIVE. Secondly ANY purchased device that is DEFECTIVE should be either replaced with a working unit, fixed (in an appropriate amount of time), or issued a refund if the previous are not achieved.

1. They can't replace with another bionic because the percentage of bionics with a data problem is too high.

2. waiting 4 months for a device to work as REASONABLY EXPECTED is not appropriate. Go speak with an attorney at length about this, I bet he'll agree with you.

3. Verizon is telling us "oh this will be fixed soon" and now and 1-2 months? No chance at a refund of cost and upgrade just so the customer can get a phone that is not DEFECTIVE.

Yes, there will be people who are like "you wont get anything" or "you're just mad" blah blah blah

First, there are 3 things that we DO have a chance at getting with a class action suit.
1. Up to 4 months data package payments credited to our accounts ( depending on when the phone was purchased)
2. A POSSIBLE court order for Verizon to issue refunds for cost and upgrade for a new device OR a new a choice of OTHER NEW device of equal or lesser value.
And possibly that most important...
3. CHANGE and a PUBLIC acknowledgement and negative PR of making this mistake and REFUSING to make it right.

I don't want to hear the comments about how we're just mad about the razr and nexus. I LOVE MY BIONIC (aside from my data issue) are REALLY don't want to trade to a moto phone with a permanent battery or ANY samsung device. However, I DO WANT A DEVICE THAT WORKS AS REASONABLY EXPECTED.

I think it's time we come together and make a list and place where those wishing to start this suit can gather.

kparks

Reaction score
Lmfao wow..... So I'm assuming this will be ur last moto device?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
M

MiDrOIdDOES

Why are you lmfao? Its a defective phone... Verizon and moto won't give a new device or refund. Now they expect us to wait another 30-60 days.

seems our only option left is a lawsuit...

just trying to get verizon and motorola to do what's right.

and of course I'll get a motorola device I love my bionic other than the data issue. that doesn't change that verizon and motorola should be made to do what is right.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score
Very simple-

Step 1- Root
Step 2- Install Cheesecake app
Step 3- Download the .893 update and install

Data connectivity issue solved with no waiting.

He's laughing because this idea is utterly ridiculous, its generally considered normal for the first generation of any android phone to have issues. So if you don't want to deal with these issues, don't be an early adopter.

Last edited:
OP
M

MiDrOIdDOES

that's not a legitimate fix! In no way should I have to void my warranty in order to fix a phone that was defective from day 1.

stop coming up with excuses we need to make verizon moto do the right thing

nateohio

Reaction score
The only way rooting is gonna void your warranty is if you are stupid enough to send a phone back for a warranty replacement still rooted. I've been rooting, soft bricking, hard bricking, and RECOVERING android phones for quite a while now and I have yet to run into a situation where I couldn't entirely remove any trace of rooting.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
As was pointed out in the other lawsuit thread, the contract that you signed limits your legal options. Also, class action lawsuits aren't something you can "file", a judge has to decide if multiple suits can be brought together in a class. Not to mention, the only people who get anything in a class action are the lawyers.

OP
M

MiDrOIdDOES

yes I know about rooting I've done quite a few of it on my older phones. I've even installed custom roms.
you are missing the major point!

I should not have to root my phone in order to fix it
secondly, verizon and moto should be made to do the right thing and we should make sure this doesn't happen with future devices.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
One word - Thunderbolt! Now, go back look at the issues that phone has had and see how far anyone has gotten with bringing Verizon and HTC "to justice". Sorry but it just isn't going to happen. I know, I am living through it. Best of luck though

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
yes I know about rooting I've done quite a few of it on my older phones. I've even installed custom roms.
you are missing the major point!

I should not have to root my phone in order to fix it
secondly, verizon and moto should be made to do the right thing and we should make sure this doesn't happen with future devices.

And you are missing their point. You are just ignoring the solution.

OP
M

MiDrOIdDOES

As was pointed out in the other lawsuit thread, the contract that you signed limits your legal options. Also, class action lawsuits aren't something you can "file", a judge has to decide if multiple suits can be brought together in a class. Not to mention, the only people who get anything in a class action are the lawyers.

you don't know anything.. already spoken to a lawyer it's not his specialty but he believes that we do have a promising set of circumstances.

it is not unlikely for a judge to rule that. verizon and moto have not lived up to their end of the agreement.

if you're looking for some large amount of money then you're in the wrong and your selfish.

like I said about getting a large sum of money its about verizon being made to credit back payment for the 4 months of data issues, secondly a phone swap of equal or lesser value, and the biggest thing is making sure it doesn't happen again!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Chances are this one isn't going to last - play nice in here or don't play at all :blink:

OP
M

MiDrOIdDOES

Voiding your warranty is not a solution. the solution is verizon doing the right thing... fixing, replacing, or refunding

listen dude if you're not interested this thread is not directed at you so BUTT OUT.

This isnt for discussion its a place for people to band together and who want to get a class action lawsuit

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Voiding your warranty is not a solution. the solution is verizon doing the right thing... fixing, replacing, or refunding

listen dude if you're not interested this thread is not directed at you so BUTT OUT.

This isnt for discussion its a place for people to band together and who want to get a class action lawsuit

:) thanks for the laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.