I think it is time for HTC and Google to team up once again

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nexus-One-vs-HTC-HD2-compare.jpg

We have reached the mountain top, Google and Motorola teamed up to give us arguably the best nexus phone to date. Is it the best android device, no, but it is the best nexus and for nexus fans that is enough for now especially with the specs and performance being up to par with the top smart phone devices in the market. One of the reasons we wanted a Motorola Nexus was because of Motorola's long track record of building a solid device with the best radios on the market. And what better way to be able to really enjoy your nexus than actually being able to use it, unlike the Samsung Galaxy Nexus whose radio were horrendous. And though the LG Nexus 5 was a step up I still had issues where I would lose a signal in areas. But my Motorola Nexus have performed greatly as of now and the radio performance allow me to get signals where my past three phones (Nexus 5, Note 2, Galaxy Nexus) have failed. But one other company known for solid radio performance is HTC and as of late they are also doing good in the build quality. I am leaving the jury out as far as battery performance but my nexus 6 battery is not as good as I had hoped, though it still is performing well. Lately with phones like the note providing 32 hours of performance our expectations for battery life have raised even though there was a time where manufacturers struggled to get 8 hours out of a LTE smartphone (*cough* Thunderbolt). But with HTC clawing back trying to regain their top spot in the android market and nexus fans looking to see who should be the next manufacturer, I say now is a great time to reunite Google and HTC. HTC was not only the launch customer for the first android phone, the G1, but they were the first to give us a Nexus. Though the HTC Nexus 9 is not getting much love HTC have not been known for their tablets anyway. Time to allow HTC to do what they are good at and that is making phones and what better way than to give us another Nexus.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
HTC can certainly produce a killer tablet. The issue is, tablets have taken a big hit due to the large phone screens. Peeps don't feel the need for both.

shockracer

Reaction score
Would be cool to see a Nexus HTC phone but not metal like the One. They should do a Silicon type metal or carbon fiber.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I was thinking the same thing shockracer, after a year of use of my HTC One m8, I have begun to resent the all metal case of it just because pristine it looks great, banged up not so much. Was thinking of moving to a droid turbo, yet sense 7 seems like an awesome upgrade and reason to keep on the HTC train. I think a HTC interface on a Motorola product would be awesome.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC can certainly produce a killer tablet. The issue is, tablets have taken a big hit due to the large phone screens. Peeps don't feel the need for both.
My tablet usage has dropped about 90% since getting my first phablet. I used to carry a phone and tablet (hotspot tablet to phone using foxfi) a lot of places away from home but my Note8 hasn't left the house since the day I bought my Note2.
Anyway I'd also like to see HTC build the next Nexus phone. My old HTC phones suffered from less than stellar battery life bit their build quality and radio reception was always top notch.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate