I *Think* I Rooted My RAZR??

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
So, I *think* I took a step over onto the wild side and rooted my RAZER, however, I have no idea if it actually took. How does one know if their phone is rooted?? When the *upgrade* was done, it stated it was successful, but it seemed to be completed in less than 30 seconds, which seems *really* fast!! But, if it is rooted.....dancedroid

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So, I *think* I took a step over onto the wild side and rooted my RAZER, however, I have no idea if it actually took. How does one know if their phone is rooted?? When the *upgrade* was done, it stated it was successful, but it seemed to be completed in less than 30 seconds, which seems *really* fast!! But, if it is rooted.....dancedroid

Root check basic, free on the market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
YAY!!! I think it is rooted now. Apparently, the Motorola drivers did not install properly on my PC, but once I fixed that, I think I am good to go!! dancedroid

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
YAY!!! I think it is rooted now. Apparently, the Motorola drivers did not install properly on my PC, but once I fixed that, I think I am good to go!! dancedroid

Congratulations. Now you can explore things such add freezing of bloatware apps, wireless tether for free, ad-free surfing, screen printing, over-clocking, custom ROMs and more. Just make sure you install a good backup program like Titanium backup, a bootstrap like Safestrap, and add Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper so you can install future updates without listing root.

razrrooter

Reaction score
Safe strap is a must. Just make sure you uninstall bionic bootstrap before installing safestrap.

hireman

Reaction score
Rooted my razr also,installed Titanium back up too. Couple questions,do I need to back up everything that comes up on the list? How do I find out if I have bionic bootstrap installed...i do not see it on the tb list. Total newb here guys thanks for the help.

razrrooter

Reaction score
Well bootsrap will be in your app screen just make sure your phone is rooted first. Get rootchecker from the market. If its not rooted you need to figure out how come it didnt take. Yes you must make a backup of your sto rootd rom this is very im:happy3:portant. Go to Droid Razr Root! follow his advice.

hireman

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, I'm rooted,I have the wifi tethering running. I checked under all my apps screens and no bionic bootstrap.I don't recall ever downloading that. should I go download the other bootstrap app mentioned above. on TB is there a way to backup everything at one time instead of one at a time?
Thanks again for the help !

PS just looked at the link you provided and that is the method I used to root but I cannot find bionic bootstrap... Wasn't it supposed to install when I rooted? I'm kind of Leary to install safe strap if bionic was suppose to install??

Last edited:

razrrooter

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, I'm rooted,I have the wifi tethering running. I checked under all my apps screens and no bionic bootstrap.I don't recall ever downloading that. should I go download the other bootstrap app mentioned above. on TB is there a way to backup everything at one time instead of one at a time?
Thanks again for the help !

PS just looked at the link you provided and that is the method I used to root but I cannot find bionic bootstrap... Wasn't it supposed to install when I rooted? I'm kind of Leary to install safe strap if bionic was suppose to install??

Yes get titanium backup for your apps or ooovodo ota root backup. But check out droidrazr root for more detailed instructions on backing up rooted rom so you dont brick your phone and safestrap can be downloaded there also.

razrrooter

Reaction score
The problem with bootstrap is that the only way you can flash your recovery rom is if your phone is already loaded up safestrap gives you the option when your phone starts if you have shut phone down then restarted. You can flash a recovery from the boot wich is always the smartest idea.