I think I got free dropbox space because I updated firmware on my Galaxy Tab.

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by DJTURNz, Oct 1, 2013.

1. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

I delayed updating and finally did it Monday. Well today I used dropbox and ten minutes later got an email that I got 48g bonus space for two years.
    Sweet
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

That's awesome, the same thing happened to me a few years back with the addition of an HTC device to the family, the only thing that stinks is they'll eventually take it away. I had to move files or lose them. The free 50gb I got from Box Sync is lifetime, I don't remember the exact promotion but lifetime has a nicer ring :big smile:
  3. leeshor

leeshor DF Super Moderator Staff Member

That 50GB Box deal was a good one. I got in on it to and yes, it appears to be forever..
    1 person likes this.
  4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ditto on Box here. As an early adopter we got a heck of a deal. Copy is running a special where you start with 15gb of storage (permanent like Box) and for every regal you get another 5gb of permanent. I've also got 50gb with Copy after referrals. No hoops to jump through like Dropbox to get more freebies either.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Notate
    1 person likes this.
  5. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

Part of the deal when I bought my Tab was that I got 48G for 1 year, then they took it away (though it took longer than a year for them to repo the space). Now I suddenly have it back and all I did in the last month with my Tab was update to the latest firmware.

Those other services sound cool too. Do they do anything different than Dropbox other than grant lifetime space?
  6. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

A very nice thing about Box is you can enable ability for others to edit certain files and attach notes to them. Very handy if it's a file of a project in the works or something similar. I don't know if Dropbox has that ability and Copy doesn't. I use Copy strictly for photo/video backup and share space but Box for much more.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Notetoo
Search tags for this page
50 gb dropbox permanent
dropbox firmware galaxy
dropbox free 50gb droid bionic
dropbox free space

free dropbox space