I think I forever messed up my phone...Please Help LOL

jmm5351

Reaction score
Well I am a newbie to rooting but I rooted my HTC Thunderbolt and everything went compeletely perfect. After loving Das BAMF 3.0 I decided to Un-Root my phone because the battery (for me anyways) seemed to drain quicker than stock. So I Un-Rooted my phone using this file [ROM]Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release. I placed the Zip on the root of my SD card and renamed the file to just PG05IMG.zip and then shutdown the phone and booted into Hboot. Followed the instructions throughout Hboot and everything went fine...I thought!! The phone seemed like it was back to stock and it was but I am unable to install any apps from the market or install software updates OTA. I don't get 3G speed anymore only 1X. Something terrible has happened and I don't know how to fix it. I cleared the market data/cash and nothing. It says downloading but then never installs anything. Same thing when for software updating. It says checking for update then just disappears. So then I went on youtube and followed this guide how to unroot your thunderbolt.[video=youtube;NbgnZ3Q2Y6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbgnZ3Q2Y6Y]YouTube - ‪How to Un-Root the HTC Thunderbolt‬‏[/video] I pushed the adb's everything goes fine until I get to where you type in su for superuser. Superuser is not installed on my phone anymore though!! I tried restoring the phone to factory in setup on the phone itself that also does not fix this. I have no idea what to do now and I have been trying to solve this for 2 days LOL, if anyone is out there can you please help me. Any advice will be greatly appreciated and I will be sitting here at my computer waiting for any replies, Thanks everyone.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
Did you click the up/ down arrows in your pulldown status bar menu? That enables data transfer.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
And why were you checking for superuser after unrooting and surprised to find it gone? I'm confused. Sorry I cannot help more.

OP
J

jmm5351

Reaction score
And why were you checking for superuser after unrooting and surprised to find it gone? I'm confused. Sorry I cannot help more.

Because I un-rooted the phone but I thought maybe something happened and it wasn't completely un-rooted so I would going to redo the unrooting process but I can't because I don't have superuser installed anymore. Anyways I rooted my phone again successfully and redid the un-rooting process again and the same thing is happening to me as I described before.

I don't know what you mean by up/down arrows in the pull down status menu. I don't see them anywhere.

OP
J

jmm5351

Reaction score

Hi thanks for your help but that is exactly what I did twice now to un-root my phone. I followed the instructions posted here on AdroidPolice and it looks like it is exactly the same method I did. It doesn't work if your phone is unrooted either because when you go to type in "su" you get a message that says something like invalid command or something very similar to that I forget. I know this happens though because I tried doing this when my phone was un-rooted and I read somewhere that said that su does something with superuser so if you don't have it installed on your phone that it displays that error message I said and you can't proceed any further.

Any other ideas ???

Doulandroid

Reaction score
Check with a root only program, make sure you are not rooted. If you are not, then you may have a bad download. You need to check md5 sums of your download, maybe reflash. Try the rescue team at thunderbolt forums. Sele is amazing. Can link if you want. Everything is kinda crazy now because of the ota update happening now. Check your phone for software updates too. Maybe that's the problem.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
Here is link. http://www.thunderboltforums.com/forum/htc-thunderbolt-rescue-squad/

OP
J

jmm5351

Reaction score
Why didnt you just stay rooted and install a stock rooted rom

I don't know I guess I just didn't want to mess around anymore with trying to find a ROM that I liked because I liked the stock setupd-it was ok. I really loved DAS BAMF 3.0 but it killed my battery even when I just used Wi-Fi all day and I also set the minimum clock speed possible I forget I think like 256MHz and the maximum I just left at 1GHz. The only thing in the background that I left on to sync was weather and G-mail too.

VolDroid

Reaction score
Well if you decide to go back to being rooted and are looking for a stock type ROM try this one [ROM][FROYO][MR2] Team GTP Eaton Rom v1.5.3 - xda-developers it doesn't contain much extra junk that other ROMs have in them and it's not themed other than the battery icon. I've been running it and haven't found any problems yet. It's nothing fancy, just a nice smooth ROM excellent for a daily use without problems.

OP
J

jmm5351

Reaction score
Does anyone have any help or advice possibly my phone is still being a piece of you know what. I just want to have a phone where it works as intended without having to root it and without having the manually install updates all the time by putting them on my sd card and loading up the boot screen. A phone should work the day you buy it right? Thanks everyone

OP
J

jmm5351

Reaction score
my phone magically out of no where started working again today yaydancedroid