I think I forever messed up my phone...Please Help LOL

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jmm5351, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I am a newbie to rooting but I rooted my HTC Thunderbolt and everything went compeletely perfect. After loving Das BAMF 3.0 I decided to Un-Root my phone because the battery (for me anyways) seemed to drain quicker than stock. So I Un-Rooted my phone using this file [ROM]Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release. I placed the Zip on the root of my SD card and renamed the file to just PG05IMG.zip and then shutdown the phone and booted into Hboot. Followed the instructions throughout Hboot and everything went fine...I thought!! The phone seemed like it was back to stock and it was but I am unable to install any apps from the market or install software updates OTA. I don't get 3G speed anymore only 1X. Something terrible has happened and I don't know how to fix it. I cleared the market data/cash and nothing. It says downloading but then never installs anything. Same thing when for software updating. It says checking for update then just disappears. So then I went on youtube and followed this guide on how to unroot your thunderbolt. I push the adb's everything goes fine until I get to where you type in su for superuser. Superuser is not installed on my phone anymore though!! I tried restoring the phone to factory in setup on the phone itself that also does not fix this. I have no idea what to do now and I have been trying to solve this for 2 days LOL, if anyone is out there can you please help me. Any advice will be greatly appreciated and I will be sitting here at my computer waiting for any replies, Thanks everyone.

#1 jmm5351, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wow what a helpful forum this is :icon_eek:

3. lfylove

lfylove Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Bump

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. mack19318

mack19318 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Factory rest time. Or download the stock firmware to your poc and reload that.

5. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I said that I already did reloaded the stock firmware in my original post and it didn't work. I even rooted and then reloaded stock three times over because the problem never went away and I just wanted to be sure it was not the rooting process that screwed up or something. The rooting and un-rooting process went flawless each time so I have no idea why my phone is messing up like this. I already tried factory resetting the phone several times and nothing still. I pulled the SD card out a few times and nothing. I pulled out the SIM card a few times and nothing. I pulled the Battery out a few times and nothing. I threw it against the wall a couple times and nothing. I don't know maybe I should try throwing it against a different material wall next time and that may fix it. :)

6. lfylove

lfylove Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sbf flash best I can say

7. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    never even knew you could un root when on a custom Rom I'm not even sure is that's possible that might be what messed you up. My man you should have made a nandroid backup before doing anything, that is almost always the best solution. You probably need to flash the stock sbf file

8. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did already flash to the stock sdf file three times now. I said this. Everyone keeps telling me this but I already explained I did this twice. I appreciate people trying to help me but please please don't tell me to do something I already did.

9. lfylove

lfylove Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Idk about HTC but I'm pretty sure there's a computer program tht u have to use to sbf flash. U can't do it on ur phone. If u did tht then I have no idea.

10. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a video in my first post showing you how I did it. I used the computer

11. mack19318

mack19318 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your wiping all data and cache and system right? Flashing one rom over another even stock over custom without wiping can cause problems.

12. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Truthfully I am not completely sure. I followed the video I posted exactly so if he did it in the video then I did. Can you please thoroughly explain on how to wipe the cache and I can tell you if I did that. I know I did do it when I rooted the phone but not sure when I in rooted.

Search tags for this page
can rooting a phone mess up the flash
how to unroot my android phone after its been messed up
messed up htc rooting how to fix

what can u do if your phone messes up after rooting it

will rooting my phone mess up my flash