I think I broke it!

Teezy

Reaction score
So I was running Ultimate Droid eXtreme 7 for a few weeks.. then I saw that Ultimate Droid eXtreme 8 was released. First download and install attempt failed; I got a "Status 7" error in ClockWorkMod Recovery. So I tried to download it again... and installed it "successfully" in ClockWorkMod......... or so I thought. I selected to wipe data and cache + backup the existing ROM in ROM Manager btw and I did it 2 or 3 times.. so, I rebooted my device via the option in ClockWorkMod, and it was stuck on the M logo for like... ever; until I took the battery out of the phone. Then I noticed how it WOULD NOT boot into recovery. At that point, I then thought that I should re-install SPRecovery through flashing the SBF from RSDLite, which worked out flawlessly. I've tried different nandroid backups, one is my stock 2.1 ROM, the stock 2.2 ROM, and a couple manual backups... and my phone is still stuck on the M logo. Help!

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
So I was running Ultimate Droid eXtreme 7 for a few weeks.. then I saw that Ultimate Droid eXtreme 8 was released. First download and install attempt failed; I got a "Status 7" error in ClockWorkMod Recovery. So I tried to download it again... and installed it "successfully" in ClockWorkMod......... or so I thought. I selected to wipe data and cache + backup the existing ROM in ROM Manager btw and I did it 2 or 3 times.. so, I rebooted my device via the option in ClockWorkMod, and it was stuck on the M logo for like... ever; until I took the battery out of the phone. Then I noticed how it WOULD NOT boot into recovery. At that point, I then thought that I should re-install SPRecovery through flashing the SBF from RSDLite, which worked out flawlessly. I've tried different nandroid backups, one is my stock 2.1 ROM, the stock 2.2 ROM, and a couple manual backups... and my phone is still stuck on the M logo. Help!
Since you've already wiped data and cache anyway, why not just SBF flash a full FRG22D or FRG01B on? That should get you back to square 1. I've seen one person recently end up with an honest-to-goodness bricked Droid from mucking about too much in the stage you're at right now. Honestly I don't know how it happened, but he ended up with a corrupt bootloader and that was the end of the road for his Droid.

The FRG01B full SBF is on Peter Alfonso's downloads page. The FRG22D full SBF is a little harder to find but I've seen folks post direct links to it in various posts.

Good luck!

OP
T

Teezy

Reaction score
Since you've already wiped data and cache anyway, why not just SBF flash a full FRG22D or FRG01B on? That should get you back to square 1. I've seen one person recently end up with an honest-to-goodness bricked Droid from mucking about too much in the stage you're at right now. Honestly I don't know how it happened, but he ended up with a corrupt bootloader and that was the end of the road for his Droid.

The FRG01B full SBF is on Peter Alfonso's downloads page. The FRG22D full SBF is a little harder to find but I've seen folks post direct links to it in various posts.

Good luck!

Wow.. corrupt bootloader = broken hopes and dreams (for that guy) lol! But yeah I ended up getting a stock FroYo nandroid backup to run, so I'm on stock 2.2 now. I used.. MotoRoot or MotoCache (something like that) to apply root in SPRecovery, and that worked and I'm guessing I'm rooted. But none of my other nandroid backups work! Like wtf lol my 2nd most recent backup worked the last time I needed it to, but suddenly it doesn't :/ oh well, at least my phone is running now... so where do I go from here? Get ROM Manager and flash ClockWorkMod and then get back to reality, right? xD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Sadly, Nandroid backups done by Clockwork can't be restored by SPRecovery and vice versa. Once you have Clockwork on you'll be able to use them.

OP
T

Teezy

Reaction score
Sadly, Nandroid backups done by Clockwork can't be restored by SPRecovery and vice versa. Once you have Clockwork on you'll be able to use them.

Haha way for me to know that now -_-
But I redownloaded Ultimate Droid eXtreme 8.0.0 and as it turns out, the previous downloads weren't full downloads (71.42mb) and the real one is like 75mb. It installed successfully and now I'm fine!

EXCEPT... my Market app immediately closes upon launch -_-

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk